Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9

Mouse behaving weirdly after Support Team remotely accessed my computer

Jump to solution

My mouse is behaving weirdly. It is behaving, sometimes, as if ClickLock is enabled. It is not. Sometimes, the left mouse button acts like the right mouse button. Double clicking on folders in Explorer seldom works. The problems started right after a restart of my system after a member of the McAfee Support Team remotely accessed my computer. I have never had any problems like this before. I am hoping someone can offer some assistance, rather than the denial I got from support that this could be their problem, or has anyone else experienced this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Re: Mouse behaving weirdly after Support Team remotely accessed my computer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I don't know the model. But it is a Logitech. As it happens, Pete C solved this problem by suggesting unplugging and plugging the mouse back in again. Thank-you both for helping. Shame the Support Team couldn't admit that this problem sometimes happens.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Welcome to the McAfee Community Forums, Piciscan!

Have you tried unplugging your mouse from the computer & re-plugging it back in?  (This was one solution found in another post in the forums).

Could you also please provide additional information regarding your computer, operating system, the particular McAfee software you are using, and the reason McAfee Tech Support remotely accessed your computer (and what was done during the access)?  This may help our moderators and community members to assist you better.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 5:13:33 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 5:18:09 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 5:19:08 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 5:23:58 PM EDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Pete C,

Hope you can help. I have a Windows 7 PC. The problem with McAfee was that the Real-Time Scanning was not staying switched on. What was done during the remote access, I am not sure, I'm afraid, except oas-disabled-fix was installed and run.

Do you need any other information? I use a Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse. I have had to reset the settings to my preferences in terms of speed, but, still, the other problems remain.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Should also have said, the McAfee software I have is Total Protection and is fully up-to-date. Not tried the mouse unplugging thing. Will try and unplug the sensor and see what happens.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

What is the make and model of mouse please?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I'm sorry I don't know the model. But it is a Logitech. As it happens, Pete C solved this problem by suggesting unplugging and plugging the mouse back in again. Thank-you both for helping. Shame the Support Team couldn't admit that this problem sometimes happens.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

They probably unintentionally deleted the driver for it.  Re-plugging would have kicked Windows into recognizing it again.

By the way the model of mouse is usually on the underside.  Wise to check on Logitech's website to make sure you have the latest applicable software.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Ex-Brit,

I looked on the bottom of the mouse, and all it says is Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse and no model number. Quite unhelpful, as I have two Logitech cordless mice in this office, both with different designs. Thanks for explaining why it worked. I get Windows to periodically update all my drivers. Is that sufficient or need I go to individual product's websites?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Well Windows is getting better at driver updates but usually I rely on the various makers' sites, but that's just me.

Not much good if you don't know the model number of the mouse.

I would just adopt the 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it' approach.

All the best. 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community