cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WYLA69
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Microsoft Activesynce 4.5 will not detect my device after McAfee Internet Security 2010 upgrade. Why?

Why didn't McAfee import all my previous settings when upgrading? This has worked fine for almost 2 years and now when I plug in my Blackjkack II, Activesynce errors out and says "Activesync cannot detect your device." Please help.

BTW, it is NOT the cord or my phone since it works fine from my work computer with the same cord.

4 Replies
kumar_B
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Microsoft Activesynce 4.5 will not detect my device after McAfee Internet Security 2010 upgrade. Why?

hi wyla69,

since you have upgraded to 2010 version just open mcafee  & it must say like "your computer is secure " .

click on firewall > click on settings> click "restore defaults " > u'll get a message like "new pc connection detected" for which you need to select the options  " home " .

after selecting the option as " home  " go to " program permissions  " which is also found under firewall . please look for the options that are related to the device you are not able to access . if u have the name of the device in the list  make sure it have full access else allow full access for it .

if u dont find it the list then try to click " add " under the very bottom of the page where u need to navigate or browse  to the c drive > program files  and can locate the exe file of the device you are trying to access .after adding that to the program permissions check whether you can access the device or not .(note: also internet explorer must have full access if not allow full access for it )

WYLA69
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: Microsoft Activesynce 4.5 will not detect my device after McAfee Internet Security 2010 upgrade. Why?

Why does McAfee not load all settings that were in the old version? Also, McAfee never even ASKED me if I wanted the new version. This is all very annoying. I will check this when I get home. It doesn't make sense to me that I have to ALLOW a device that is DIRECTLY connected to my PC. I will post back once I get home. Thanks.

kumar_B
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Hi WYLA69 ,

did u try the steps . Is ur issue resolved .

WYLA69
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. It worked.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community