cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YashasC
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

$MfeDeepRem

This has appeared in my D Drive and since I have the Show hidden Item turned On 

I wasn't there before 

Is there any solution for this ???

4 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 5

Re: $MfeDeepRem

Hi @YashasC 

Greetings from McAfee!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The $MfeDeepRem folder is used by your McAfee software for its malware cleaning process.

NOTES:

• The folder is harmless and must not be moved, deleted, or renamed.

• The presence of this folder does not indicate that you have, or had, malware on your PC. The folder's presence only indicates that you have advanced remediation enabled. 

Please go through the KB for more details.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

YashasC
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Yes I do Understand that  

I have a question why does it have to be stored in my D:Drive, it could have been stored in C:Drive instead 

Is there a solution where location of this file could be changed in the future updates....?

Thanks 

Regards

YashasC 

GaneshR
Message 4 of 5

Hi @YashasC 

Thank you for contacting again. As mentioned in the attached article, The drive Location and properties will be changed  in a future version of McAfee software.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Yanners
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I appreciate that this is the case whilst the McAfee product is still installed however we are no longer using this and I would like to remove the folder so how is this completed please?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community