Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmccmk9
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Mcafee removed CheatEngine.exe

Jump to solution

Hello, starting yesterday I too have had my CheatEngine removed by Mcafee. Mcafee seems to believe it is a trojan. Is there anyway to allow this file before Mcafee automatically removes it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 11

Re: Mcafee removed CheatEngine.exe

Jump to solution

That's not possible any more (until the 2011 version possibly anyway) so follow the bit in VirusScan 14 - 2010....onwards about temporarily disabling VS then reinstating it long enouigh to be able to grab the offending file, zip it and submit it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/01/11 2:52:14 EST PM

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Does it give you a chance to trust it? Replace it and manually scan it ie right click in explorer and see when it detects a "trojan" you may be able to trust it.

Really are you sure there is not 1 present best way and reply is fast is

Check to see if file placed in Quarantined files (navigation) quarantined and trusted items). If so highlight it and send to Mcafee. That seems to work well Other way is to zip it up and place a password on the zip file. Password is "infected" (no "s). Email it as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When you get an auto reply reply back asking for a review .

kmccmk9
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

No it doesn't give me a chance, its removed to fast. I can't replace this one file because it jut keeps getting automatically removed everytime I try to install or even download it. I also do not see a button to add a quarantined item to the trusted list. I will send it into Mcafee however.

Edit: Ok so I can't send it to Mcafee because the file is too large. Unfortunately I can't zip up the file because I can't get the file. Is there any way to move it to the trusted list?

Message was edited by: kmccmk9 on 1/5/11 8:56:20 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

In order to do that you'd have to follow the steps outlined here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

kmccmk9
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

In your opinion, is it worth it? It sounds risky to turn of AntiVirus just to install this which could be a virus for all I know.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Just to install what?  I thought it was already installed then wiped out by VirusScan?

kmccmk9
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Right the main program is gone because it was automatically deleted. That document instructed me to turn off Mcafee, install the program and then turn it back on. Then do a system scan, and when it alerts me to it, add it to the trusted list.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

That's not possible any more (until the 2011 version possibly anyway) so follow the bit in VirusScan 14 - 2010....onwards about temporarily disabling VS then reinstating it long enouigh to be able to grab the offending file, zip it and submit it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/01/11 2:52:14 EST PM
kmccmk9
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

Oh ok I got ya, thanks for your help

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Good, now if they reject the file saying it is an infection respond immediately saying no it isn't, but usually they will tell you they are working on it and it takes a day or two.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community