cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coyoteed
Former Member
Message 1 of 21

Mcafee download warning box re: dlg.pkg

warning states attempting to download from dlg.pkg from http://dynamicdialogs.alert.conduit.com/alert/

could be harmful.  I have been choosing to "block download" as I know nothing about it.  This message

is displayed frequently how can I get my comp to not attept this download?  It is annoying.

20 Replies
verynothappy
Former Member
Message 2 of 21

Re: Mcafee download warning box re: dlg.pkg

I also have this problem.  Ever since I installed Total Protection 2012 almost two weeks ago this nasty message appears several times a day. It occurs when I go into google and other robust sites. It even appeared when I went into mcAfee's own site.

I cannot locate a solution as yet.  See photo of message, as I cannot get a ScreenPrint of it.DSC_0025s.JPG

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 21

Hi there,

Could you please let us know the version of your McAfee site advisor ?

Regards,

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 21

You would get those kind of popups if your had Protected Mode turned on in SiteAdvisor Options (Click picture to enlarge), click the arrow at the right of the SiteAdvisor icon to show the Options button.

Capture.JPG

Or if you had it set to warn you about all Downloads on the Downloads tab at the left of that picture.,

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/04/12 4:50:17 EDT PM
verynothappy
Former Member
Message 5 of 21

Sure.  Site Advisor is at      Version 3.4    Build 3.4.1.195      12/04/2012

verynothappy
Former Member
Message 6 of 21

Hello Peter.   Thank you for your response, but I think neither of these appear to be the case. 

I had not discovered the SiteAdvisor Options hidden in the toolbar.  I had only  been looking in the standard McAfee panels.

Therefore, I assume the settings are in their original state.

The Protected Mode is NOT turned on

The Download Protection has a tick to 'Warn Me', but the slider is only 1/4 up on 'Limited'

However, even with these settings, I was not knowingly trying to download anything. 

The messages occur most often when i go into Google's pages, but they can occur anywhere.

The example attached above occured when looking at information on scans in McAfee's own site.

Thanks, I will look at these options more.  Will this warning message only originate from 'SiteAdvisor' ?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 21

Well it was merely a thought I had so it would appear not to be SiteAdvisor and as I don't use such things as Parental Controls etc. I can't say if it might belong to another module.  Dinz would know so let's wait and see what he says.

coyoteed
Former Member
Message 8 of 21

Version 3.4.195

coyoteed
Former Member
Message 9 of 21

Peter,

My proteced mode is not turned on either.  Like the other responder, I was not trying to download anything intentionally.  This warning box can pop up anytime I am using the internet.  It comes up sometimes when I am checking email with outook.  Also many times soon after I open Explorer.

I am going to do a ful virus scan today.  Will post if it comes up with anything.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 21

Let's see what Dinz comes up with, he's McAfee staff and knows more about this than I.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community