Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkamond
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mcafee blocking my internet.

Jump to solution

Hello again. I had an older post but the problem went away for a while... Now for some reason its blocking my internet every time I log into my computer. I found a resolution by going to "connections" tab in the Mcafee secutiry Suite and selecting my internet. Also another is just completely turning off the computer. I think its a problem with Mcafee's firewall trying to identify the networks correct internal IP since it changes when other people log into the network. So Mcafee remembers the old IP and only updates the IP of the internet once you turn off the firewall or go to connections to renew the connection ticket. Thats just my theory but please tell the Mcafee guys to get a fix on this. Im using a little bit of an old Lynksis router. Il probably get the model later if its essential.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Re: Mcafee blocking my internet.

Jump to solution

Have you tried to reset the Firewall Settings !!! If not try resetting them and check the status...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

When you say "the problem went away for a while..." - How was that resolved earlier. Please explain.

Arkamond
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I have no clue. It kept doing it a couple months ago and I just turned off the firewall. But then after an update I think it stopped. but now it is doing it again.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Have you tried to reset the Firewall Settings !!! If not try resetting them and check the status...

Arkamond
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Ah yes, I had to go to Connections and click my home connection. That reset it. Not sure why the firewall blocked it though before I did that..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community