cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee Web Advisor no longer working in Firefox (multiple issues)

Good morning everyone.  I just got off the phone with Mcafee Support and after 30 minutes and remote access the rep was not able to figure out my issue.  He just said it was a glitch and couldn't figure it out.  I hope someone on here might be able to help me.

I am using Firefox, Web Advisor and Total Protection.  Firefox 61.0.1, Advisor 4.0.7.208 and Total 16.0.  R13.  Everything is up to date.  Starting this morning when opening Firefox the Site Advisor Icon at the top was grayed out on most sites.  If I clicked on it and viewed the site report it would tell me in the new window but not live.  I did notice it always worked correctly on any MCAFEE site.  I have the Webadvisor settings to show the results in any search engine.  Also now when I run a Google search the icon to let you know the security threat of the websites is missing.

I uninstalled WebAdvisor and then turned it on through Total Protection.  When I did that, though, the icon didn't show on Firefox.  Only once I manually downloaded and installed it did it show back up.  I don't know what else to try.  I called support and he tried a LOT of things and had to put me on hold a few times to look something up.  A half an hour in he said he could not find any solution and just attributed it to a glitch and there was nothing he could do.  I don't think I should have to live with a glitch especially when paying for a program that won't work.

I am also experiencing a new issue with WebAdvisor this morning.  When I go to a risky site and click 'accept the risk' nothing happens.  Only if I click 'go back' does anything happen.

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Reply
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

Re: Mcafee Web Advisor no longer working in Firefox (multiple issues)

Thank you for responding but that was the first thing I did.  If you took the time to read my post you would see in that I initially did contact McAfee support.  I spent a half hour on the phone for the person I spoke with to say he couldn't find any solution even after remote accessing my computer and putting me on hold numerous times.  The person I spoke with was not able to help me so I came on here.  If you are from McAfee why would you recommend I do what was the first thing I wrote I did?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community