Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpms06
Former Member
Message 71 of 132

Re: Mcafee Service Host Error Windows XP

Thanks for the answer.

- For the error 0x0005f540, here is the screenshot of the event viewer.

- On log files, they are made to debug programs so I hope McAfee technicians are looking at the many errors found. O
nly those who have made the program can find something !

Peacekeeper
Message 72 of 132

I have pointed the techs to these posts to see if the logs posted help.

What I would also ask is has any1 Alcohol 120% installed? It seems to clash with Mcafee and cause these errors as well.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 23/01/12 7:04:59 PM
maneld
Former Member
Message 73 of 132

Hi, it's a good question !!

In fact I'm experiencing problems with rundll32, from last week,.

So many unisnstal and reinstal MaCaffe , I think that finallly this issue crashed my WINXP

It's a pity, so many time lost by users, so many headaches, so many times asked to do thinks by MaCaffe, so many times MaCaffe asking for details of our PC, software,  and so on !!

Pacekepper: NO I do not have Alcohol, but I'm thinking of drink ...to forget all this matter.

I'm very tired of so many communications, I think it is MaCafe' time  founding  asapt he root cause of all this mess.

Best regards and nice week to everyone !!

Peacekeeper
Message 74 of 132

Oh well it was a thought that several seem to have fixed this in another thread.

Beer that is a good idea hot enough here for it.

If too many emails turn off email notification and check back whenever you want to. Think of us mods we have to have that set to show for all threads so some days our inboxes are drowned in emails.

maneld
Former Member
Message 75 of 132

Oh well it was a thought that several seem to have fixed this in another thread.

Thans means than problem is solved? or it is only a thought?  please clarify

If too many emails turn off email notification and check back whenever you want to.

The matter is not I have some mails to read.

The matter is that so many people has written a lot of complaitns and nothing canged, error persits

regards

bpms06
Former Member
Message 76 of 132

For Peacekeeper,

Yes, I have Alcohol 120 installed. So I uninstalled and indeed I do not have the error message "McAfee Host" (to be confirmed a few days). If I restore the system with Alcohol, the error message "McAfee Host" reappears

It's still surprising to me that a program becomes suddenly incompatible during an update of McAfee. (Reinstalling McAfee does not indicate that incompatibility)

Another point I want to note: I found that since the complete reinstallation of McAfee Internet Security, I did not see it in "Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs". BUT the uninstallation of Alcohol has installed a shortcut "McAfee" on my desktop (as if the installation of McAfee is finished now) AND  McAfee Internet Security now appears in "Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs".

I will confirm in a few days if my problem of error message is resolved.

doodle78
Former Member
Message 77 of 132

Obviously uninstall of Alcohol 120 help for some people, but is this the cause of the problem?

It doesn't work for all and occured after an update of McAfee. So I hope that McAfee take this failure seriously and not rely on uninstalling SW from other vendors.

I uninstall McAfee today and switching back to another product because I don't believe that McAfee solves the problem on short term.

Peacekeeper
Message 78 of 132

That is your right. I just asked in case some of your issues were caused by alcohol 120%

Peacekeeper
Message 79 of 132

No sorry only fixes issues for some. The problem is mcsvhost is tied to many of the mcfaee programs.

kampolis86
Former Member
Message 80 of 132

I had the same issue, uninstalled alchohol and everything is ok. I also noticed that MacAfee folder only appeared  in my Start / All Programs menu after uninstalling alchochol 120% and so did the McAfee desktop sortcut.

I'm on windows vista 64

Message was edited by: kampolis86 on 1/23/12 3:39:59 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community