cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 170

Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

The best avenue for help with this would be Technical Support linked in my earlier post with my signature.   It's free by phone or online chat.

jameskyker
Former Member
Message 12 of 170

Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

Okay, I have just confirmed that it is definitely stealing the focus. Right as soon as the clock hit 7:06, the window lost focus and then briefly returned. I just watched it happen.

jameskyker
Former Member
Message 13 of 170

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion about calling support. I may give that a try. I am also considering just switching products. I am not sure. I have turned off updates completely to see if this rectifies the situation and will monitor overnight.

Appreciate all your ideas!

Best,

J.G.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 170

Jump to solution

In post number 3 of this thread Selvan who is a McAfee technician replied to you concerning your issue. Ex Brit mentioned you may want to contact Technical Support and I just wanted to mention that if you do please post the session number of the chat. Selvan can follow up on it and would be able to dig deeper into what is going on.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 170

Jump to solution

jameskyker wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion about calling support. I may give that a try. I am also considering just switching products. I am not sure. I have turned off updates completely to see if this rectifies the situation and will monitor overnight.

Appreciate all your ideas!

Best,

J.G.

The whole point is that I've never experienced this and I'm wondering if there is something about your setup that is contributing to this, low resource availability for example, but that would best be measured by the support people.

jameskyker
Former Member
Message 16 of 170

Jump to solution

Hmmm... I seem to doubt low resource availability could be it, but I will test that tonight. Before I stop for the night, I will shutdown and restart. We can see if that has any affect. I run a fairly powerful computer, but I do tend to leave it up for, perhaps, 4-5 days at a time.

Here are some brief specs:

Windows 8

6x 64 bit AMD processor

8 gig of RAM

SSD

$500 graphics card, purchased about 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately, turning off automatic updates did not help. I have turned them back on.

From the log:

Lost focus at 10/20/2014 10:06:02 PM due to C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\Platform\McUICnt.exe

Lost focus at 10/21/2014 1:06:01 AM due to C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\Platform\McUICnt.exe

Lost focus at 10/21/2014 4:06:02 AM due to C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\Platform\McUICnt.exe

Lost focus at 10/21/2014 7:06:01 AM due to C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\Platform\McUICnt.exe

If the restart does not help, I will probably contact tech support. You guys seem to have talked me into that.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 170

Jump to solution

If I may add to the discussion, have you tried Downloading/Running the latest McAfee Getsusp Tool? It is not a removal tool, however scans your OS/ files and should their be any "Suspicious/Unknown" files contributing to your issues, it will detect and add to the McAfee GTI Base....Just a thought.

Please enter your Email Address under "Preferences" before scanning.

You can obtain this (Free) McAfee Tool, and other Superb Tools from the following Link

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 170

Jump to solution

Googling this I see it's a common issue although I've never seen it on my rig.

One user reported this fixed it:

I turned off Windows Error Reporting, and problem went away.

Start > Control Panel > type reporting > Choose how to report problems > Never check for solutions > OK

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 170

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter....be back later today @ some point.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 170

Re: Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

Hi

Did you try disabling Alerts and Notifications which i mentioned in my first response. I suspect that McAfee is trying to notify you of something like accessing the Internet or a local file while your game is running.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community