Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jipdee77
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

McSvHost.exe appcrash

Hello,

I get an error that appears Appcrash McSvHost.exe in events, I can not seem to get rid of even making updates. My system is W7 x64

10. How can I fix this problem. Thanks for your help internet.

mcafee.PNG

Nom de l’application défaillante McSvHost.exe, version : 3.1.181.0, horodatage : 0x50b8ecb1

Nom du module défaillant : HOMENE~3.DLL, version : 6.1.177.0, horodatage : 0x51300b92

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000000edd88

ID du processus défaillant : 0x2408

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01ceb180eda803ba

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mhn\HOMENE~3.DLL

ID de rapport : 931df4d5-1e1e-11e3-9225-e840f2c63611

2 Replies
conductorwho
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: McSvHost.exe appcrash

[translation of Crash Report]

Name of the failing application McSvHost.exe Version: 3.1.181.0, time stamp: 0x50b8ecb1

Faulting module name: HOMENE ~ 3.dll Version: 6.1.177.0, time stamp: 0x51300b92

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Offset error 0x00000000000edd88

Faulting process id: 0x2408

Start time of the faulting application: 0x01ceb180eda803ba

Access the failing application path: C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ McAfee \ Platform \ McSvcHost \ McSvHost.exe

Path faulting module c: \ PROGRA ~ 1 \ COMMON ~ 1 \ mcafee \ mhn \ ~ HOMENE 3.dll

Report ID: 931df4d5-1e1e-9225-11E3-e840f2c63611

I'd suspect that HOMENE~3.DLL is connected to the Home Network Monitor. I just got one of these on my system for some odd reason, likely due to the router having issues at the same time. Just to be safe I'd suggest scanning your computer and running MVT afterwards.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McSvHost.exe appcrash

I've found what looks like a Visual C++ coding error which causes McSvHost to crash during McAfee updates. Possibly this is related to the problems with AppCrash.  There's now a question about this on the next conference call (Monday 18th), so maybe we can get the McAfee people to go over the code and see if they can find a common cause. I'll report back if there's any news.

Edit - Actually, on second thoughts, no. I don't think there's a connection. Don't forget that McSvHost is a catch-all container for a lot of programs and processes (like svchost.exe in Windows). This is chalk and cheese, as far as I can make out.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 16/11/13 03:59:31 GMT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community