cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haleena
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee won't delete from my computer (On Mac)

Hey, so I'm not very good at computers and so it could just be something stupid, but my father got McAfee on my computer a while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago? It was never really of use to me, but last night it wrongly flagged a website, and i could not access it. It was pretty late so I wasn't thinking well, and i trashed McAfee (as well as its uninstaller). I tried to access the website again this morning, only to be met by the same flagging message. I tried getting the application as well as its uninstaller back using Time Machine, but it had nothing backed up.

It's not really urgent, since its shagleomegle more of an annoyance than anything, but it would be cool to get it over with. I don't know very well how McAfee works, would it be useful to contact my father?

Also, before last night, trying to open McAfee or its uninstaller would immediately crash them for some reason? I don't know if this is relevant, but just in case.

Thanks

1 Reply
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee won't delete from my computer (On Mac)

Hi @Haleena 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please access the below article that has information on how to install  or uninstall McAfee on a macOS. Please update us if your find any difficluties after performing steps in the article.

How to install, configure, uninstall McAfee software on macOS 

Thanks 

Magesh J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community