Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ2
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee support system is awful

Dear McAfee support.

Your support techs are wonderful if one can actually get on to one.. Your support web pages leave much to be desired, they are very confusing and it is very difficult to use the chat application with many screens and buttons to press before you finally get on to somebody. I found the whole experience very frustrating.

To add insult to injury, I got an email today asking for a response to a service request with a link.

Most people would know not to click a link in an email… I mean, come on McAfee, you should know better then that….

There seems to be no way to access the service request from the web site unless you click the link.. Just nuts.

On top of that, you need to be logged in to respond to the service request. Given that my issue was that I couldn’t log on due to 2FA issues, well,  need I say more?

As I said, the support staff were great so no problems there but the support pages and UX need an urgent and serious overhaul.

1 Reply
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee support system is awful

Hi @CJ2 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

McAfee aware of this issue and working towards the resolution. However, Kindly provide more information to help you further.

Is the OTP completely not receiving or getting delayed?

Have you activated any do not disturb service for McAfee messages? 

Did you check by clicking on sign in with one time passcode?

Alternatively, Kindly contact our support line number for immediate assistance 866-622-3911.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community