Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fairplay
Former Member
Message 11 of 19

Re: McAfee sells software but does not install/reply to complaint

Alright Boss Aldrin.

Fact is I contacted them many times - they have registered the issue many times => they have done nothing about it.   I don't think they are bothered.

Message was edited by: fairplay on 28/01/11 08:03:13 CST
Dinz
Former Member
Message 12 of 19

Hi Fairplay,

I have sent you an email requesting for more details so as we could arrange you with a call back to fix the problem. Also, I happened to review your transcript here in our records and all the time, you reached our tech support there were incomplete attempt ; ie you dint conenct to a technician and thats the reason for the nonrepsonse for your issue.

Expecting your reply email so that we could proceed further with this.

fairplay
Former Member
Message 13 of 19

DInesh,

I replied to your email a few days ago and am expecting a return call - so far no one has called back:

1) The whole problem has been described in necessary detail here

2) I do not know what you mean by "incomplete attempt". I made a full and complete attempt.  I have described what happened when I tried to contact online help (chat). Email option not available.  It's your software that is the problem.

3) I have even diagnosed the issue for you (read thread above).  You have merely extended existing licenses by 1 year - incorrectly - and removed the ability to upgrade trial lincenses on new order for new machines. You have also removed the order from my account - luckily I do have a copy of the order number and your automated email response.

Your problems is both technical and sales related - your software does not know how to install upgrades for existing users when they purchase new machines which come with trial versions of McAfee.  You just seem to merge the order into extending licenses that already existed.

And of course on top you are unreachable by claimed means,

Rgds.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 14 of 19

Hi fairplay,

I understand your frustration and realize that you have spent a lot of time and effort because of this. I will do my best to help you resolve this issue.  As discussed in our call with you , I m engaged in a study on your account details , I will get back to you soon on this.

fairplay
Former Member
Message 15 of 19

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the call yesterday. I've now attached screen shots of the two separate orders from your own system - and told you how they are incorrect. Email has been sent to your email address as you advised.

In addition, in case nobody picks it up, I will describe the contents of that email here so you can see it.

Rgds,

My email to above email address:

Dinesh,

Here is a screen shot attached of my account on the McAfee website. Note it is incorrect. In particular, the first order should be valid from January 2011 to January 2012 - this should not show up as a renewal, nor should it show as valid until July 2012.  The second and older order should be valid from July 2010 until July 2011 - it should not show expired etc.
Both are fully paid for. These are two separate 3 user licenses for McAfee Total Protection. This means I should be able to have full McAfee Total Protection for 6 users. Currently you are only letting me have 3.
It is completely messed up. The sad thing is the issue is so trivial it would take only 5 minutes of someone's focus to correct.
Bottom line is your software upgrade package does not expect consumers to buy additional PCs which may come with trial versions of McAfee.  When you purchase additional machines with these trial versions, McAfee prompts you to purchase/install full version. When you do so it processses the credit card payment. Then your install/upgrade software goes nuts and tries to merge a new order with the older one.  Nobody at McAfee has considered this possibility - but this means the consumer ends up paying for another license without actually getting the ability to install it.
It is just a very simply bug which you guys can resolve.  The first step is to acknowledge it - trying every other excuse does not solve the problem.
Good companies look at real issues and solve them. Bad ones look for excuses - let's blame the consumer game.  Now that hopefully you have acknowledged the issue (proven by my credit card statement and your misleading account information) you can start to address it.
(Also you must solve issues with your online chat help etc.  If it does not work for browsers other than IE8 etc then advise that to the consumer.  No one has time to know of the limitations of McAfee.  Maybe people who have a lot of time on their hands enjoy this sort of pointless arcane knowledge - I do not.)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/02/11 4:41:29 EST AM
fairplay
Former Member
Message 16 of 19

Hi Dinesh/McAfeeSupport,

Any progress? I have not heard from anyone.  Please can you kindly get back to me with a solution.  Nearly 2 weeks have gone by now - the problem is clearly described and established.  Please let me know.

Rgds

fairplay
Former Member
Message 17 of 19

Well, I guess I can inform my credit card company and try to reclaim my 45 pounds that way.

Still shocked at how callous and irresponsible McAfee are.  No response at all. Problem described 20 times in detail. But no response and no interest.

Bizarre way to treat consumers.  Bizarre business model. 

I am now writing to Sony Vaio of my experiences and since I have purchased 4 high spec laptops from them in the last 8 months, I shall remind them that they need to be careful in adding software solutions. 

Dinz
Former Member
Message 18 of 19

Hi Fairplay,

Please be informed that we have explained the inconvenience that was caused, that you were unable to get connected with chat support and the current status of your account information and the problem that you face with McAfee subscription ; to  the concerned team ( a higher level), your case is been treated with high priority and you will be soon contacted by an supervisor from the concerned team.

Thanks for your patience with this.

fairplay
Former Member
Message 19 of 19

Thanks Dinesh:

I was sent an email by someone in the US who is only available after 17:00pm UK time.  I called at 18:00 today, but there was only a voicemail:

1. Problem has been described 30 times over - here, by chat attempts, by email, on the phone to you, and is obvious.
  2. Customer Service for UK customers starting after working hours UK time is poor practise on McAfee's part.
  3. Reading some other posts on the forum here tells me such issues are widespread and McAfee turns out very shoddy software, and have no Quality Control before roll-out. Further, they are effectively zero in solving problems.
  4. I am writing to Sony, the manufacturer of my products, with a full report on McAfee issues. This happened last year with a different laptop - this has happened again.  Sony's QA should ensure poor quality software is not included on their products.

Thank you,

Fairplay

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community