Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjedrick
Contributor II
Message 11 of 14

Re: McAfee popup message size don't fit on Windows 10 screens

Jump to solution

There are 17 Background Processes starting with McAfee on my PC. Are there any which can be safely uninstalled which will stop these popups?

Venkat_YM
Message 12 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @qunelzhas 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the delay response.

Are you still facing the issue? if yes, kindly share the screenshot of the pop up for better understanding to help you further.

Alternatively, you can also click on the below link for the chat support for immediate assistance.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Venkat

bjedrick
Contributor II
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

Somehow this has been flagged as Solved, but it has not been solved, still occurs at unpredictable intervals.  The size of the one with the small window does not change when the screen size is changed.  Only part of the image is shown in the window and does not include a close box or any reply options.

I have sent images of this before and nothing has changed.  I have found that if I just click anywhere on the popup it takes me to the McAfee website, then the popup goes away.  However, this is a workaround, not a solution.

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution

That popup is something that annoys heaps of users.  If turning off informational alerts in the Mcaffee settings or notifications for Mcafee in your browser you cannot stop them as fr as I have seen here. 

The X not on the screen could be a Windows display setting but I never have seen it being able to be moved. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community