cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aquarius
Former Member
Message 41 of 75

Re: McAfee keeps deactivating

Well, it was a nice few hours. Now it's warning me that my protection will de-activate in 5 days. And the 2nd listing of the computer is back again. Grrrrrr !

Can anyone tell me if I buy a CD version if it will do the same thing or not? I am tired of going on the chat box/phone over & over to have them fix it

Message was edited by: aquarius on 1/18/11 8:23:34 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 42 of 75

Both retry chat  with customer service.  If this go does not work out ask to escalate or post back and I will email a manager re this.

Pointing 1 of the techs here as well

Dinz
Former Member
Message 43 of 75

Hi Aquarious,

I have sent you an email requesting for more details on the same. Please have it replied so that we could reach you over phone and diagnose the issue.

Expecting your  email reply so as we could help you on the same .

Regards,

Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

rck213
Former Member
Message 44 of 75

Just had mine fixed in a 20 minute chat session, hopefully will correct the issue permanently

rck213
Former Member
Message 45 of 75

for the record, last Thursday after an online chat session my software appeared to be repaired so it showed it was renewed.  That only lasted until this morning, the software was completely deactivated.

I contacted chat online, went through first tier tech support and refused to uninstall/reinstall as that had been done several times last week

The second tier tech downloaded a subscription fix file onto my computer which seems to have resolved the issue for now.

Needless to say this has soured my opinion on the McAfee products, had used them years ago with problems when renewing subscriptions, had to take it last year as it was preloaded on my Dell computer.  Expressed concern to Dell rep who assured me it was "so much better now".  Not convinced.

Hopefully McAfee will become more aware of this issue and permanently fix it.

momowenni
Contributor
Message 46 of 75

我的不更新啊 ,咋办呢?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 47 of 75

momowenni wrote:

我的不更新啊 ,咋办呢?

I do not renew, how to manage?

Sorry but we don't speak Chinese here.  This thread is about another subject: the product deactivating when it shouldn't.

I had to use a translator to understand what you posted.

If you don't renew your subscription then you should uninstall the product.

Then run the MCPR removal tool linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

抱歉,而是我们不要讲中文在这儿。  我必须使用译者了解什么您张贴了。  这条螺纹是关于另一个主题: 撤销的产品,当它不应该。  如果您不更新您的订阅那么您应该卸载产品。  然后跑MCPR撤除工具连接在有用的链接之下在这页顶部。

Technical Support:/技术支持:  http://home.mcafee.com/Root/Support.aspx

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/01/11 7:28:58 EST AM
momowenni
Contributor
Message 48 of 75

Thank you, my english is very low but i see what you say. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 49 of 75

OK good luck.

jmalec
Contributor
Message 50 of 75

I too, am having this same issue. Mcafee AV+ 2010.  Been happening for about 3 weeks now.

I have a 3 user license, and guess what... I have it installed on 3 pc's.  One is xp pro 32 bit, which seems unaffected by this BS.  The other 2, are windows 7 64 bit, one home premium, and one pro.  The 2 7 pc's are the ones being plauged by this crap.  I've contacted tech support on my laptop.  I had to install and run that completely useless Mcafee Virtual Technician before I could chat with someone.  Anyway, after waitng about 30 minutes in the que, I finally got in touch with someone.  They took control of my pc, which I really didn't like doing, and couldn't find anything wrong.  Lastly, the had me do that Subscription fix download.  Which fixed it for a couple of days.  I've ran that 4 times already on my laptop, up until yesterday.  Problem keeps coming back.

So, in summary:  First started on my laptop about 3 weeks ago.  Then, about a week and a half ago, started affecting my desktop.  Both run win 7 64bit.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled on my laptop, problem keeps coming back.  Run the sub fix, works for about a week.  Then have to run it again.  I've since unistalled this shitty program on my laptop, and installed MS security essentials.  I'm about to do the same on my desktop.  I can't seem to find a proper fix for this anywhere.  Apparently, neither can Mcafee.  My XP pro pc that I use as a server isn't affected by this.

I'm about to wipe my hands clean of Mcafee forever.  1 being that I'm sick and tired of having to run that sub fix once a week, and 2, my subscription expires in a little over a month anyway.  MS has the free one, and there is plenty of competition out there that I can pay for, if I choose to go that route.

I also don't feel like contacting Tech Support again, so that they can just run that Sub fix again, and falsely assure me that this will fix my issue.

One thing is certain, Mcafee won't be seeing any of my money....EVER AGAIN!

Message was edited by: jmalec on 1/28/11 11:33:04 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community