cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptay39
Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: McAfee firewall slowing down internet connection to a crawl

We've had the same problem for 5 months.  Only just, thanks to Magma2's post, realised the problem was caused by Mcafee Netguard.  Now disabled.  Windows Vista with Realtek NIC card.  Hope you've got it sorted out  Magma 2.

gsbhange
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Any solutions yet?

With a completly disabled NetGuard and/or firewall for some applications, I feel I paid the whole price to just use a part of the program.

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 23

The fix is I am told in the next patch. It will be progressively released Australia and korea first then US UK this month.

I do know the date but that best not to post as whenever I do that they hold it up.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/05/12 6:38:08 AM
gsbhange
Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Thanks Peacekeeper.

There are some updates that have been applied in last 2-3 days. (one ongoing as I write).

Hope they work.

ruune
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Sorry, but this is too late. I fixed this by uninstalling McAfee. I've already switched to Norton. That's 10 licenses- both physical and virtual. i'm done with McAfee. Seeing that others had this problem for over 5 months is unacceptable.

gsbhange
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Sorry to hear that ruune ... I can still wait for some more time ... but who knows I could be following your path ..

ok now to the patch ... the fix does not seem to work .... Anyone else got their problem resolved ...

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 23

er the patch has not been released yet Australia first to get it in 10 days or so when and if they find no issues.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 23

I have never had this problem before, after the latest McAfee update, it has started. Disabling net guard made no difference. I get 17 MBPS with firewall disabled, .11 with it on. Any ideas? This sucks.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 23

No idea will pass this on.

timlorang
Former Member
Message 20 of 23

I returned the Firewall to Default as Jayadeep NR instructed and it now woks. One day my download speed was 35.47 Mps and the next it was .46 Mps. Now it is back to 36.57 Mps.

I originally went in and changed the defaults because McAfee was randomly turning off full access for Chrome. One moment Chrome would be fine and the next it did not have access to the internet because McAfee turned off access.  Let's hope that it behaves itself for now.

Thanks for the help.

Tim

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community