Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 71 of 84

Re: McAfee constantly updating every couple of hours

Did you attempt a Uninstall/Reinstall as suggested?. For you should have received the fix by now?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 72 of 84

What is your build number 6120 and higher has the fix in it. This the spinning update icon fix ...

Also have you tried the reinstall path as suggested? affid 384 who is this ie who supplied your Mcafee product?

Are you recieving engine updates?

Sometimes you can force an update by

1 Disabling auto updating

2 going to Navigation general settings  and alerts  and disable access protection

3. manually update  and then reenable both access protection and auto update

Just a wild thought no a fix just a workaround

We have requested support to contact you to help if the above does not assist you

buster02
Contributor II
Message 73 of 84

Hi, I have been on manual update of one PC for ages and auto-update of the other.

Both are at Build 14.0.4121

Affid 384 was an official McAfee scratch card for a 12 month subscription bought from one of our major PC chain stores (Currys PC World) last summer

I get regular updates - the most recent being yesterday evening. When the auto-update gets stuck I do a manual update. On the manual-update PC I run an update check daily.

I have not gone through the hassle of uninstall/re-install as I genuinely believed that the update would arrive - a reasonable assumption, I thought.

Peacekeeper
Message 74 of 84

I would try the uninstall reinstall as you seem to be stuck the fix is 6120

Uninstall Mcafee

chinnavignesh
Former Member
Message 75 of 84

Hello, even I was stuck with 4121 build. I had to reinstall to get latest version, even though I bought it directly from McAfee(Not partner version). But again, really? Can't McAfee  deliver updates directly without need for manual installation?  Pity. We have our busy lives. We can't just sit and keep reinstalling software just because of incapability of McAfee.I was expecting better from McAfee as it is "Intel Security" now. Utter disappointment. I've also fed up with its unresponsive UI. After this subscription ends. A big NOPE to McAfee.

Btw, Anti-Spam toolbar is not working with Outlook 2013. Thanks McAfee.

Mods and Active members, please don't take me wrong. It's just my opinion.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 76 of 84

The unresponsive UI issue is a known bug they are working on, sorry about the A/S Toolbar which is also a known issue but maybe they need more input from affected clients, all I can suggest is file a bug with support.

Escalate it if at first they can't do anything.

Contact Support

avorharp
Former Member
Message 77 of 84

subscription bought from one of our major PC chain stores (Currys PC World) last summer

Hello! I apologize that butted into the conversation. And in the big stores sell more fresh and quality of subscriptions?

Personally, I've bought the seven (12x7) McAfee scratch cards in a small PC chain stores.

And I have version SecurityCenter 14.0.6136

Update today and regularly. Windows 10 Pro

& I am very pleased with McAfee products

Снимок.PNG

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 78 of 84

If people subscribe through a 3rd party like an ISP or PC maker for example, often the version updates lag behind.   There's little McAfee can do about that.

avorharp
Former Member
Message 79 of 84

Yeah, I also do not like the pre-installed software OEM brands.. PC makers..

Welcome to Russia! In our stores always sell only fresh subscription McAfee! In contrast to the instructions on the McAfee web site RU (with delay translation)

We really cold (- 9 C today). And small computer stores software (no more than 30,000 titles). But the products are fresh, and waiting for the guests with warmth and cordiality!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 80 of 84

Sounds great 😉

We were colder than that yesterday but today we are at +4

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community