cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buster02
Contributor II
Message 41 of 84

Re: McAfee constantly updating every couple of hours

where will I see 'build 5084' when I click .About' on the homescreen? will it replace:

Version: 14.0

Build: 14.0.4121

I have a direct subscription so from what you say I should get the update sooner rather than later

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 42 of 84

Yes, it'll replace that last number -  4121.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 43 of 84

still no sign of an update to fix this .... it's taking forever!

my software keeps on updating but is still on build 4121 and the problem is still with me. This is really poor service from McAfee

juliadlf
Contributor
Message 44 of 84

Same here buster02.  I purchased directly from McAfee but I'm with the opinion they can't fix the issue otherwise this would have been taken care of already.

So much for beta testing.....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 45 of 84

The update that cures it is being distributed slowly.  They always do it that way so that any additional and unanticipated problems can be nipped in the bud.

As far as beta testing goes, there are only a few volunteers on beta at the moment and in any case that version already had the fix ages ago and has no issues.

Alpha testing does occur extensively but they can't test every feasible scenario and setup so there are sometimes people who experience problems despite all the testing.

I'm a Moderator here and I still don't have the update on one of my set-ups, my others do and it works fine.

Peacekeeper
Message 46 of 84

If you have affid=0 ie that is those who got the product from McAfee you should have the fix if not a uninstall and reinstall from your account will give you it only if you have affid=0 that is.

My beta install got it end September and my affid=0 installs 2 weeks ago or earlier. Australia gets 1st bite of all patches as they are a smaller user group should major bugs are found.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 47 of 84

I bought a scratch card from a PC store which I assumed was effectively buying from McAfee. Anyway - my affid=384 so will I ever get the update?

(The replies above from Peacekeeper and Ex_Brit leave me feeling confused, I'm afraid - but thanks anyway. There is 'slow' and there is  'r  e  a  l  l   y    s  l  o  w'   as in this case. Surprising for an important product which doesn't update itself properly. It isn't cheap.)

Peacekeeper
Message 48 of 84

Unsure what partner that id is. As Dell is getting it now the others will not be far behind. Beleive us we wamt this update finished as well but we have no control over it.

chinnavignesh
Former Member
Message 49 of 84

Finally signed up to this community because I can't stand with this update mess. Its been like several months with this issue. It is really strange to see that the fix is rolling out slowly?

What? Is this an Android update to roll out according to regions or other elements? Even if  it is rolling out, how many got this update? Really bad to see a software like this from major player like Intel.

I've been an active forum member of other communities of Eset, Bitdefender and Kaspersky and saw bugs being fixed and implemented within 1 or 2 week. Here, it has been like 3 months and yet its still rooooooooooling? I purchased my Total Protection directly from McAfee but sill I'm waiting for the fix. Funny thing is the status bar icon is currently showing as being updated from hours, Lol.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 84

I assume that you are referring to the 'Spinning Arrow/Checking for Updates issue? This issue has been resolved in MSC v14.0.5084/5120. With your Affid:0 by purchasing directly from McAfee (As I do myself) you should be updated soon.

I also run McAfee Total Protection , Affid:0/en-us. I was updated on Oct.14th/2015. As you can see also, other major players occasionally have similar issues http://www.computerworld.com/article/2983808/security/kaspersky-great-product-dreadful-installation-...

(Note) See next Reply/Screen Capture

All the very Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community