cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bulgakov14
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McAfee blocca installazione Chrome

Ciao a tutti. Ho un problema con McAfee, che mi blocca l'installazione di Google Chrome. Come devo fare praticamente a togliere il blocco? Dear all, i've got a problem with McAfee. It's blocking the installation of Goggle Chrome. How can i pratically deactivate the blocking?

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee blocca installazione Chrome

Are you downloading from a "Legitimate" Site?  Will have to revisit this shortly. I have a Conference call in minutes, and just realized it.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bulgakov14
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Yes of course. I've downloaded the installation file from Google links. And i've tried also with the off-line version.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

I moved this to Consumer/General.

If you are downloading from Google website then McAfee has no problems with it, you must be using another site which is not recommended.

Check where it is you are downloading from and retry through the proper website.

Google Traduttore

Mi sono trasferito a questo Consumer / Generale.

Se state scaricando dal sito web di Google poi McAfee non ha problemi con esso, è necessario utilizzare un altro sito che non è raccomandato.

Controllare dove è che si sta scaricando da e riprovare tramite il proprio sito web.

bulgakov14
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

I'm downloading from Google... not from a "not proper site"

https://www.google.com/chrome/#eula

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

When I went there a black bar appeared at the top of my screen asking if I wished to allow this web page (or words to that effect) and when I clicked Allow it said once or always (I think) - anyway now it allows me to download.  Didn't you see that bar?  

I think the bar I saw belonged to my browser and I see the website URL is now in my Trusted Sites list (Browser/Options/Security/Exceptions) but if you have SiteAdvisor Live add-on installed you ccan also add the site to its Trusted list by clickiing just to the right of the toolbar icon and selection Options/Trusted Sites.

This all depends on which browser you use, as most software makers are tightening up their security measures.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

I see that Fellow Moderator Ex_Brit has picked up the thread, and is assisting. Having said this, Please know that you are in very capable hands. I simply wanted to keep my commitment of checking back.

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community