Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelPaley
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Vaults removal

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm an IT admin at a school. The school does not use and has not installed any McAfee products and yet somehow McAfee Vaults has installed itself onto one of the account profiles as there is an empty directory labelled Documents\McAfee Vaults on this profile.

This "corrupt profile" is causing 4 error messages for some other users when they are logging in: the Recycle Bin is corrupt for Documents, Downloads, Favorites and Pictures for the corrupt profile.

I have deleted the corrupted user profile from the affected local machines.

I have deleted the corrupted user from Active Directory.

I have deleted all files on the file server for the corrupted user, except for Documents\McAfee Vaults which tells me access is denied.

Despite doing the above, I am still getting error messages about the recycle bin being corrupted when users log in.

Your program is worse that a virus, yet you are meant to be the "good guys".

How do I uninstall a program that was never installed and clear these error messages?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Vaults removal

Jump to solution

Hi @MichaelPaley 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you further.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @MichaelPaley 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you further.

Regards,
Hari

Momo1
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue with the Vault.  What information is needed to remove it from my system?  All other McAfee products have been deleted, but this file requires me to be logged in under a particular user - which I have done, and it still does not allow me to delete.  Please help .

veryevilking
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

is there a way to see the removed files?

or a way to get the files back?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community