Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 6

McAfee VPN in India

Recently I got an email from McAfee caontaining a link which opens a page which says about how the new rules of Government of India affects McAfee VPN. In that page I found this - "You can still use McAfee VPN services across your devices and apps and, if you are based in India, McAfee connects you to your nearest server to reduce performance impact and continues to protect your online safety."

I simply dont get the point does vpn is still available in India ? You can still use McAfee VPN ? How is that going to work?

5 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee VPN in India

Hi @The_Eagle_007 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly refer the below article for details regarding the removal of India virtual server from McAfee VPN products.

The India virtual server is removed from McAfee VPN products

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I simply dont get it. McAfee has established virtual servers to circumvent the rules. How can McAfee do not keep logs and provide services to Indian customers ? How McAfee without complying with the rules can provide vpn services in India ?
HyderabadUser
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Then How come you are selling secure VPN @ 799 per month. I bought Livesafe because it had vpn also. Are you saying that even if i buy secure vpn it will not work in india? Then why sell?

If it will work why cant a similar solution be extended for india users instead of buying vpn as livesafe is supposed to have VPN

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Surely Indian government is not banning vpn service and rather demands to keep logs of users. If the Government bans the vpns then I can understand the situation. But if they are asking to keep logs then you should comply with it and instead of that the company decides to remove its vpn service for Indian users. 

Dissapointing move from the companies in the name of maintaining and respecting privacy of Indian users.

Hari_durairaj
Message 6 of 6

Hi @The_Eagle_007 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Due to new cybersecurity regulations in India, McAfee has made changes to its VPN service and availability. We are committed to keeping our customers’ data private. As a result of the new regulations, McAfee has removed its servers from India and its VPN service will not be accessible within India.

Kindly refer the below article for more details regarding the removal of India virtual server from McAfee VPN products.

The India virtual server is removed from McAfee VPN products

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community