Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdawg
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Total Protection uninstall issue

Hello everyone,

Ok, so I decided to leave McAfee for different antivirus software. I attempted to uninstall my McAfee total protection and SiteAdvisor using the Windows 7 add/remove function, but it has been stuck at the same point for several hours now. The progress bar is stuck about 1/5 of the way its removal status is still listed as "in progress." My computer is not frozen and I can still perform other tasks with my computer. Also, windows task manager says the program is still running fine. However, as I said before, it has been stuck like this for several hours and for some reason I cannot exit the McAfee removal program. I haven't tried ending the process with windows task manager just yet.

One peculiar thing that happened, however, was windows sent two error messages. One was warning me to update windows defender and the other prompted me to find a different antivirus software online. Also, I search for my McAfee total protection on my computer and it is no longer listed. So from what I can gather is that it did in fact uninstall McAfee from my computer, but for some reason the progress bar is stuck. Other than that, I'm lost. Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

P.S.- I tried to attatch a picture of the progress screen I'm talking about. I'm doing all of this on my droid so lets hope it works.

1 Reply
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Total Protection uninstall issue

Cdawg,

Use the below link to run the McAfee removal tool, it is an automated tool to remove the McAfee traces from the computer

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community