Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 95

Re: McAfee Total Protection - Firewall Stops & Stuck In Update Mode

Often the Custom Install option is absent when the software is delivered via a 3rd party, your ISP or PC maker for example.

user_30293
Former Member
Message 52 of 95

McAfee AntiVirus Plus was purchased electronically last month from Amazon (no media) and came from McAfee after entering a code that Amazon provided, so to me that means it came directly from McAfee.  The re-installs came from McAfee after un-installing via Windows 7,  running MCPR, and then going to my account and CSISSetup.exe got downloaded.  No option for a custom install.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 53 of 95

If I'm not mistaken Antivirus Plus doesn't have a custom option.   I used to have that a while back and I can't remember ever seeing that option either. 

I'll defer to the Moderators and Technician in this thread to follow on with this.

Peacekeeper
Message 54 of 95

Thanks Peter   can you comment re custom install and Antivirus plus or is this a case of the new installer not having custom option.

jschilberg
Contributor
Message 55 of 95

Image result for crickets meme

Peacekeeper
Message 56 of 95

Will try again Mate can you comment re above

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 57 of 95

Hi guys,

I would suggest downloading from My Account in the evenings (starting 4PM until 12AM)  and see if the old installer downloads. If not let me know so that i can assist privately.

jschilberg
Contributor
Message 58 of 95

OK, Selvan. I did a download from the McAfee My Account site for my Windows 8.1 Dell Laptop at 8:20p CST US. It went through the installation without offering me any options.

I'll let you know how it works.

John

user_30293
Former Member
Message 59 of 95

I'm curious - was the name of the Installer CSISSetup,exe?  That's the one I got, and there were no options available during the install.  I could no longer choose to leave out the Vulnerability Scanner nor could I choose to opt out of sending anonymous data to McAfee like I used to be able to do.

jschilberg
Contributor
Message 60 of 95

The procedure was completely automated as far as file choices. The name of the file was "Setup_serial_UvuLLgzLQgnhp_Hv1s3nAA2_key.exe". Once executed, it ran by itself to completion. No reboot was required.

John

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community