cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschilberg
Contributor
Message 41 of 95

Re: McAfee Total Protection - Firewall Stops & Stuck In Update Mode

Can we puhhhhhlease resolve this or tell us how we can get a refund? What about trying something that uses less than ALL of the features found in Total Protection? Can we dumb it down and see what happens? Are there specific services we can shut off and have Windows firewall coexist with McAfee?

Peacekeeper
Message 42 of 95

Presently when You reinstall you will get 14.0.r12 as you have.In the reinstall you can choose a custom install to disable/not install many of the features. This might be what you want and it may help till support figures out what is happening.

can you chime in here please are we any way towards finding out why this is happening?

As far as I read 1 user has 15.1 and 3 14.0.r12 I or 11. I wonder if these same issue though   originally had it on 15.1 as well. Time support took this over we mods cannot help as ours on both versions run fine so we cannot repro the issue.

Peacekeeper
Message 43 of 95

Those 2 PCs are still on MIS

Also what features are installed ie was it a custom install that allows you to choose several features like quick clean etc not to be installed? I also assume  you were on 14.0.r12 is this correct

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 95

Hi John

Have you/anyone experienced any *notifications* in regards to the *Vulnerability Scanner*? The reason I ask,is I have brought this up as a discussion on our Conference Call on Monday. I am wondering if this issue could be related?

I brought this up for discussion back in December 2116, and supposedly the issue had been fixed. Hopefully it has not reared it's ugly head again?

Note;  These users did a uninstall/Custom Reinstall and elected (not) to install the *Vulnerability Scanner* and so far their software has returned to functioning normally.

See thread;

Any feedback will be most appreciated.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
alhana14
Former Member
Message 45 of 95

Yeah, the 2 PCs are now on AntiVirus Plus release 14.0 R12.  And they seem to be working fine now.  I'm not sure if a custom install was chosen. I presume it was a normal install.

jschilberg
Contributor
Message 46 of 95

Catdaddy said:

"Hi John - Have you/anyone experienced any *notifications* in regards to the *Vulnerability Scanner*? The reason I ask,is I have brought this up as a discussion on our Conference Call on Monday. I am wondering if this issue could be related? I brought this up for discussion back in December 2116, and supposedly the issue had been fixed. Hopefully it has not reared it's ugly head again?"

I have not experienced any Vulnerability Scanner notifications about anything being amiss within either machine, locally. On my Win 8.1 machine, Chrome crashes suddenly and without warning and although no other browsers can access the web, my Office 365 Outlook email functions normally with send/receive. However, as I mentioned earlier, I HAVE seen the McAfee control panel of my Win 8.1 machine report to me that my Win7 Dell Desktop machine on the same network no longer has McAfee Firewall running. And, as mentioned earlier, when I investigate, that Win 7 Dell machine does not report any problems with its local McAfee.

I have not tried a selective, custom installation. If I have time, I'll investigate doing so today.

Best,

John

jschilberg
Contributor
Message 47 of 95

Peacekeeper said: "Presently when You reinstall you will get 14.0.r12 as you have but not in the reinstall you can choose custom install as disable/not install many of the features."

What? Can you please review your sentence and tell me what it's supposed to mean?

OR,

I'm only guessing here, which can be a problem where communication is the goal, but is this basically what you were trying to communicate to me and anyone else that reads this forum? Presently, when you reinstall from the McAfee website, you will get version 14.0.r12 (as you have). But, with that installer you cannot choose to do a custom install, and therefore will not be allowed to disable or "not install" some of the features.

Thanks for any and all clarification.

John

Peacekeeper
Message 48 of 95

Sorry was typing on my phone. What I mean is the 14.0.r12 install allows a custom install whereas 15.1 does not. 15.1 leaves out a few features but you can install them later. 14.0.r12 using custom install you can really cut the installed features down a lot more.

Thus you can as CD suggested not install Vulnerability scanner.

jschilberg
Contributor
Message 49 of 95

Peacekeeper,

I'll give a custom installation a try.

Best,

John

user_30293
Former Member
Message 50 of 95

I've not seen the custom install option the last 2 times I've had to re-install using CSISSetup.exe to do it.  I'd love to not install the Vulnerability Scanner.  What install .exe file allows that?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community