cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larick
Contributor
Message 61 of 71

Re: McAfee Total Protection Corrupts Any Browser?

I Have been getting the same problem for last couple of days. Windows 10 and MacAfee (last updated 21 Feb - 2 days ago). Hope to get the fix soon.

Symptoms much as described above. No browser (Chrome, Edge or IE) seemed to work.

Reboot didn't resolve. I found a thread advising to run this command as administrator - netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt  and reboot

That clears it for a while but reoccurs every now and then.

Looking forward to Macaffe fix - If I don't get it soon and it keeps on being a problem I will follow the other advice above and uninstall Macafee  

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 62 of 71

larick wrote:

I Have been getting the same problem for last couple of days. Windows 10 and MacAfee (last updated 21 Feb - 2 days ago). Hope to get the fix soon.

Symptoms much as described above. No browser (Chrome, Edge or IE) seemed to work.

Reboot didn't resolve. I found a thread advising to run this command as administrator - netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt  and reboot

That clears it for a while but reoccurs every now and then.

Looking forward to Macaffe fix - If I don't get it soon and it keeps on being a problem I will follow the other advice above and uninstall Macafee  

See if the fix posted here helps until the update arrives: 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 63 of 71

The majority of users in the ClientAnalyticSDK memory leak/High CPU usage threads, are reporting positive performance results on a daily basis, after receiving the update. This includes Windows 7/Windows 10 OS. Just thought I would add that.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
findit89
Former Member
Message 64 of 71

Quiet here last 10 days.  Guess the fix is working.  I planned to reinstall once the fix was verified.  But even if official word comes out, I think I will stay with Win 10 Defender.  It does not get as good reviews as most other virus protection systems, but I have found that all 3 of my systems run faster without McAfee. Maybe McAfee tries to do too much and the overhead is costly to overall performance?  I do hope the fix does the job for the sake of others using McAfee.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 65 of 71

Well good luck, sorry to see you go as one of the primary benefits of the New Next Generation (LAM) Scanning Engine to begin being throttled back out the latter part of March. Is the positive increase in system performance and Increased protection.

new LAM ( Lightweight anyimalware) install FAQs

I might add that we have been running it since October/2016 and can tell a significant increase in speed.

In addition including the Layers of protection,and the blocking of suspicious incoming and outgoing connections.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_4434
Former Member
Message 66 of 71

I do not see ClientAnalyticsService in the services list. Any thoughts?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 67 of 71

There is a New Installer Upgrade to 15.1r2 in the pipeline as we speak. Also as long as you are not experiencing any issues, that should not matter. As even one of my Colleagues personal set-up does not have it either. However I do and all is functioning just fine.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kreynolds
Contributor
Message 68 of 71

When will this be fixed? I've seriously had enough. Imagine trying to do assignments at home when your bloody internet browsers won't work! I thought the problem was my ISP but they've sent an engineer out and checked everything numerous times. They are not the problem. I deleted Chrome thinking it was the browser itself but I have the same problem with both Edge and Firefox. I came across a website that said if you're having problem with your internet to delete McAfee straightaway but I don't want to delete the thing I brought to protect my computer!! I might have to just do it though and just fork out for Norton 😕

My McAfee was updated 2 days ago but the problem persists.

Peacekeeper
Message 69 of 71

What version have you open the task bar icon and choose about post the version here please.

Peacekeeper
Message 70 of 71

Latest is 16 but can be 14.10.r13 or 15.1.r2. All are in flux and McAfee standardizing on 16 over the next few weeks. As far as i see no current issues with 16 and only an updating issue with earlier versions.

Have you tried an uninstall reinstall?

Remove and reinstall McAfee software

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community