cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 41 of 71

Re: McAfee Total Protection Corrupts Any Browser?

findit89 wrote:

Don't think it should be necessary for new reports of this problem to get it elevated to a higher tier.  This is a big problem with McAfee.  Any call on this subject should be acknowledged as a known problem that is being handled at the highest level.  Those calling should be assured that they will be contacted as soon as a solution is reached.  An offer for a refund could be offered during these conversations.

Representatives treating this problem like they are unaware of it  will only cause a huge PR problem for McAfee.  Putting users through different paths to find a problem that is known is only a stalling effort and costly in time and effort for both your techs and the clients.

Like all software problems, it needs to be researched and any fixes thoroughly tested, that's why it's best to have Technical Support look at it as it all takes time.   Everyone's case is different due to different setups, operating systems etc. and, from what I read here about this issue, not widespread, only effecting a few out of the millions of customers using the software.

findit89
Former Member
Message 42 of 71

I hope you are correct that only a few reports of this problem have been reported.  My brother lives 2000 miles from me and he has this problem.   I have it on 3 systems.  Each system has it own purpose and the only thing common on a daily use is Win 10 and McAfee. I have determined the problem goes away when McAfee is un-installed.  My brother uses Win 7 on 1 system.  So in my family its 4 for 4 with the problem.  So far as I know other friends and relatives do not use McAfee.  With all this in mind, I would be surprised if this problem is not affecting loads of McAfee users.  But hopefully, that is not the case. 

Not planning to make this a bigger issue here.  I will patiently wait for the fix.  I will only post here if I get new info, such as evidence of other users with the same problem or a need to reply to messages to me here.

Wishing you well in getting the fix.

Jim

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 43 of 71

Let's hope a fix arrives sooner rather than later.

johnsikora
Contributor
Message 44 of 71

I just opted to vote with my wallet and letting my subscription expire. The lack of response from McAfee is not good. Even though this is a moderated forum that is not directly connected to Mcafee R&D. You would think that they would pay attention to what is going on. Just went with the unnamed competitor.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 45 of 71

Good luck. Sorry to see you leave.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 46 of 71

johnsikora wrote:

I just opted to vote with my wallet and letting my subscription expire. The lack of response from McAfee is not good. Even though this is a moderated forum that is not directly connected to Mcafee R&D. You would think that they would pay attention to what is going on. Just went with the unnamed competitor.

Developers never post here but Moderators pass on what they announce.   Good luck.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 47 of 71

Hi All,

Please provide the below information to proceed further

1. Any performance issues noticed at the time of this issue? For instance high CPU or high RAM, if so please capture the process that is most resource intensive.

2. Ping result for www.google.com at the time of issue? Open a command prompt and type ping www.google.com post back the result

3. Does a simple reboot temporarily eliminates the problem?

Based on symptoms every user has we can identify if this issue has a fix already.

johnsikora
Contributor
Message 48 of 71

1. - None noted. Task manager in my case shows no real utilization and not high ram

2.- If i try to access any site the browser goes non-responsive. I have not tried to ping google.com.

3- Reboot does temporarily remove the problem. It will reoccur usually within 1 hour or so of the reboot. Sometimes as often as 10 minutes after the reboot.

I have deinstalled Mcafee but thought that I would pass on the symptoms in hope of helping others to fix the problem.

andyross
Former Member
Message 49 of 71

When mine was having issues, trying to ping Google would pause for a bit, then just start returning "General Failure".

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 50 of 71

Chinthanai Selvan P wrote:

Hi All,

Please provide the below information to proceed further

1. Any performance issues noticed at the time of this issue? For instance high CPU or high RAM, if so please capture the process that is most resource intensive.

Also check AnalyticsSKD.   When McAfee called me they asked me to check its CPU usage  (the issue wasn't happening at moment so CPU usage was 0%).   Also, there's this thread about the AnalyticsSKD https://community.mcafee.com/thread/97481?start=0&tstart=0   

My laptop isn't having the problems to the extent described there (yet) but it might be connected since McAfee asked me about the AnalyticsSKD CPU usage. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community