Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagflorida
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

McAfee TechMate resists Uninstall

Q: How to uninstall McAfee Techmate?

Neither WIndows10 uninstall, CCleaner uninstall, or McAfee Techmate>uninstall will uninstall this app.

The uninstaller will run, and run, and run repeatedly without completing.

I allowed the "this will take a few minutes" warning as shown on the uninstall window, but Techmate won't uninstall.

Q: How to uninstall Techmate?

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee TechMate resists Uninstall

Hi Team 

Kindly check the techmate process in task Manager and kill it, then uninstall via the control panel and check., if it is not getting uninstalled create a new user account with admin privileges and try uninstalling the app. Kindly update us on the outcome

Thanks,

ZEDnotZee
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee TechMate resists Uninstall

Why cannot you solve this problem Mcafee. As far as I am concerned you are no better than MalWare.

When I get it solved I will also remove the virus protection package and NEVER NEVER EVER use your products again. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community