cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 321 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

MCPR link BUT use windows removal first otherwise account can get messed up.

The Us/Uk patch to fix the main cause of this issue is out tomorrow just click on update and if you are lucky the update will come and you will be asked to reboot.

The patch is throttled so all do not get it at same time just retry a few times and you should get it.

korsakov
Contributor
Message 322 of 365

Hello! My productivity has been severely reduced by constant McAfee upsetting my XP system, cancelling my internet connections temporarily or entirely. Several times I called support and installed again and again. Overall, the support was not very knowledgable and the connection was lost several times. After spending 30min on the phone you then need to give them again all your identification information, a complete waste of time and turn-off.

I assume that I need to go back to Norton. It is really unacceptablhat is happening here.

richenone
Contributor
Message 323 of 365

Dear Peacekeeper,

Sorry to have to ask this for a third time so if I am not getting this right please type slower.

I wanted to know where do I go to get the MCPR.exe? It is not on the link of the URL above. It says what to do but has no link. Can you please give me a link I can trust to get the MCPR? Google just points to third parties and not McAfee. I don't trust that third parties will give me the right, most up to date, or even virus/worm free executable file if is not a McAfee site.

Best Regards,

Rich

Peacekeeper
Message 324 of 365

It is in the link in useful links tab above about half way down Item 2a

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Note as I said do teh windows removal first otherwise the account could be messed up.

korsakov

Reinstalling will not help the net blocking issue is known and some workarounds I posted here

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101346

It is also said but not proven that setting the Ip address and dns server Ips manually rather than on automatic can help.

drpad
Contributor
Message 325 of 365

OK, am in the middle of my Aussie download. I have done all as you all have suggested.

Wish me luck. The original problem kept getting worse to where the Laptop would completely freeze up, without warning or any recognizable pattern.

richenone
Contributor
Message 326 of 365

Dear P,

Did the patch come out today? I have updated several times and it hasn't seemed to work. It also doesn't ask for a reboot

after install update so is the update out?

Best Regards,

Rich

Peacekeeper
Message 327 of 365

US and Uk only yesterday and it is throttled so might take a day or 2.

ws65711
Former Member
Message 328 of 365

I had an update with a reboot on one machine today.  I'm in the USA.

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 329 of 365

I, too, had a reboot update on one of my computers today.  Have turned Netguard back on.  Unfortunately, it's not the computer I use daily and have had the most problem with, so it's not going to reveal much.   Writing from the East Coast of the USA . . . .

Peacekeeper
Message 330 of 365

Report back with result and security centre vesrion when you can please

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community