Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knsingh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 111 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

Hi PeaceKeeper

I have seen XP computers with same message and after Defragmentation Issue was resolved.

Regards

Kriz

klauzser
Contributor
Message 112 of 365

I agree with that. Same with Windows Vista and Win7. It is a great idea to defrag your computer every once in a while.

Peacekeeper
Message 113 of 365

For those wanting to use Alcohol 120% and not get the mchost error read

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101320

OK i thing I missed this issue is not for Mcsvhost but mchost. I checked and the error says Mchost or Mcafee host has encountered an error.

Sorry missed that but seems this issue entwined with the mcsvhost posts here

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/02/12 7:04:02 PM
tanseras
Former Member
Message 114 of 365

I did not see the problem since I disabled Netguard on Feb. 19th.

Should I be worried that I do not have Netguard working?

Peacekeeper
Message 115 of 365

No the techs are suggesting it. There is a netguard update but not till late Q1 early Q2. Ensure you are using siteadvisor it does similiar checks to netguard.At least I saw somewhere that this was so.

Any1 see the issue stopping after a defrag or chkdsk /r? as suggested.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/02/12 12:26:07 PM
gogem
Former Member
Message 116 of 365

I've got TweakUI installed (using autologon option from TweakUI). I didn't install McAfee's SiteAdvisor. Don't have Alcohol or Adobe, so I do think TweakUI is the bad one here? Possible?

Message was edited by: gogem on 2/28/12 7:20:34 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 117 of 365

I hope but am loading it as I type and will check it. Really hope not as most XP users have downloaded it at sometime.

Ok installed it what options are you using. I do not think it is this now as another user has sent the list in and it is not used but I will check it out.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/02/12 7:06:44 PM
gogem
Former Member
Message 118 of 365

I'm only using the autologon option.

I've re-installed WinXP on my old backup-pc yesterday, and after I installed TweakUI I got the error from this discussion again, that's why I thought it had to be it

Peacekeeper
Message 119 of 365

NO issue as yet seen and I have the autologon set. I will monitor and check further.

maneld
Former Member
Message 120 of 365

Hi,

In my case this problem began previosly to intall TweakUI; in fact I installed TweakUI trying to detect something in my XP, but it was usless. Two weeks ago I've unistalled TweakUI and problem is still there.

Have you tried to reinstall only XP in your back-up PC and check if problem Mcsvhost appears?

regards, lucky user with a back-up PC-

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community