cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 351 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

Well, as the original (and as it appears, forgotten) poster of this problem I see it finally looks like it has been fixed. As I said previously, I got rid of McAfee weeks ago. Couldn't be bothered to wait all that time and shouldn't have had to. Bye Bye MCAfee.

Peacekeeper
Message 352 of 365

Sorry you have left Mate remember to remove email notification from your profile...

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 353 of 365

Six months????  I started having the twin problems of the Service Host closing message and the internet disconnects at least as long ago as last October.

But all is well now.  For more than a week.  No problems at all - including no cutoffs. So I'm going to stop reporting in unless something BAD happens.

Oddly, my McAfee problems were solved just before my subscription ran out.  How weird is that?  That was my personal decision deadline on whether to fish or cut bait.  So I'm in for another year.!   I'm going to see if there is still a thread alive on my other problem, the "backup.exe can't run, can't find oem.dll" problem. I did manage to get rid of it, but it wasn't quite as easy as promised!

Yes, Peacemaker, Pacekeeper, how about Pacemaker . . . Peacekeeper!  You have the patience of a saint!  And you still deserve that promotion and salary increase!  Thanks for everything.  Let's hope this problem is really over . ..  looks like it.

Peacekeeper
Message 354 of 365

Sometimes 1 has to be a peacekeeper and peacmaker here on teh forums and sometimes it  feels like I need a pacemaker to get by. Hope this issue DOA. I see the net blocking  issue is in testing a fix mode so maybe 2 down...

RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 355 of 365

So I take it this thread can finally be marked solved then ?

Peacekeeper
Message 356 of 365

Yes it can and you as the OP can do it if now works fine for you.

RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 357 of 365

I don't see a 'Mark Solved' option anywhere.

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 358 of 365

I think you may have to go to your original post to mark the question answered.

Peacekeeper
Message 359 of 365

Correct I could do it but better if OP does it.

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 360 of 365

Seeing as how this hasn't closed yet, may I ask you one last question?  Is there any possibility in the world that the following Windows message, which started popping up multiple times per day and maybe interferes with the connection, has anything to do with McAfee?  Or does this has to be purely an Adobe problem?  It says:

"Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.2 r300 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle of something . . . ."

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community