cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radioflyer
Contributor
Message 331 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

Will do - but I just got it to download on computer #2 - which is the one I really use and will tell the tale.  Will try to spend some quality time with it when I get home from work tonight . . . .

drpad
Contributor
Message 332 of 365

Loaded the software via the Aussie server yesterday. I was then surprised this morning, on boot up, when it automatically removed the software and did a new install? There was no way to stop it. The version shows as 11.0 with build 11.0.678 Affld: 105 Lang eu-au Last update 6/7/12.

I've been going about 15 minutes so far, no crash. Wish me luck.

Peacekeeper
Message 333 of 365

That removal was as you have malwarebytes or another malware scanner installed. mcafee hates that for reinstalls. Should work fine now. I remove MWB then reinstall it when installing Mcafee.

drpad
Contributor
Message 334 of 365

Absolutely correct, Malwarebytes. It asked yesterday if I wanted to keep, did not know they don't like each other.

Day 1 has gone OK, no disconnects or freezes. I do not have netguard on yet, but will try that tomorrow.

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 335 of 365

Woo-hoo! 

So - I downloaded the update to my laptop and turned Netguard back on this morning.  Have been on the internet for a couple of hours now since getting home from work.  No messages about Service Host closing,  no connection breaks, no announcements that I'm disconnected or reconnected, no blips, no burps, no nothing.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon and jinxing it.  Knock wood.

McAfee Security Center

Version 11.0

Build 11.0.678

XP-SP3

Firewall was also updated with that update - 12.0.355

All the same specs on my desktop, where the update downloaded automatically yesterday.  It seems to be fine, but it was less of a problem in the first place and I spend much less time on it.

Peacekeeper
Message 336 of 365

Unsure re net issue ie where you lose the net but hopeful re other issues.

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 337 of 365

True enuf.   But so far so good.  Nothing bad has happened in 5 1/2 hours. That's it for tonight . . . .

chappers
Former Member
Message 338 of 365

My update appeared to happen yesterday (BT Net Protect Plus) ran an update and forced a reboot. Have been online for almost 2 hours this morning so far and, touch wood, no issues.

That's really positive, but like others here, I really hope that I haven't spoken too soon!

Peacekeeper
Message 339 of 365

Check you have the builds mentioned above. good luck

drpad
Contributor
Message 340 of 365

OK, have the builds listed above and have turned on netguard. So far so good. Fingers crossed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community