cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 221 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

re the ney I assume this recent after an update late April?

The main thread for this issue is

https://community.mcafee.com/message/239162#239162

Does repairing the connection fix it till next reboot?

We mods have alerted the techs to the issue and they are trying to see what change in the release was the cause.

Re mcsvhost issue does netguard disabling help?

jimbod
Former Member
Message 222 of 365

I have uninstalled Mcafee Site Advisor this morning,properly,and touch wood,Firefox has not crashed since,and neither have I had the 'mcafee service host has encountered a problem and needs to close' warning.

Hopefully this will 'solve' the problem, although its pretty poor show that one has to remove part of their security in order to enable their pc to work!

Cheers

Peacekeeper
Message 223 of 365

Siteadvisor  and netguard use similiar testing methods to decide what is a good site. Disabling either "can" fix this issue but there is a patch this month that should do the fix permantly.

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 224 of 365

Here's something weird.  As aforementioned, when I turned Netguard off, it solved the problem 100% on my laptop.  But only 98% on my desktop.  I find it so strange that it wasn't all or nothing on the desktop.

Peacekeeper
Message 225 of 365

Agreed weird so best to see if the patch this month fixes all without disabling netguard.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/05/12 8:24:15 AM
maneld
Former Member
Message 226 of 365

Hi RADIOFLYER,

I experiened in my netbook that is better uninstall SiteAdvisor instead of disable Netguard.

Desktop of my son never has had this error, awesome !

regards

maneld
Former Member
Message 227 of 365

Hi Peacekeeper,

What about some of us that found the "temporary solution"" (more than 4 months) uninstalling SiteAdvisor?

Should we pray to Byte_God ?

Reboot.(regards)

radioflyer
Contributor
Message 228 of 365

Well, maneld . . . given a choice between turning an on-off toggle switch to "off " and taking a sledge hammer to a program, I'll try the toggle first every time, especially if I'm paying for the program.  And it's working just fine.  "Always try the less drastic solution first " is generally my approach to a computer!  Now if Peacekeeper's promised patch doesn't work or it it doesn't appear before my subscription runs out . . . then I'll be uninstalling things! 

Peacekeeper
Message 229 of 365

The patch affects netguard so should help this and the utube issue. I do hope that this will do both the impression I get is it will.

f4n3
Former Member
Message 230 of 365

Hi,

I've been getting the same error as the people in the previous posts:

"McAfee Service Host has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Data error report:

szAppName : McSvHost.exe     szAppVer : 2.0.230.0     szModName : unknown    

szModVer : 0.0.0.0     offset : 04480f40    

The window comes up when i open Chrome (18.0.1025.168 m) and when I use FireFox (12.0). I get the error about 10 times a day.

Everytime I close the window I can't use the internet, but, funny enough YMessenger works, uTorrent works, FileZilla and everything else except for the browsers (explorer, chrome, firefox)

At first I disabled:

McAfee ScriptScan for Firefox 14.4.1

McAfee SecurityCenter 11.0.669.0

from FireFox hoping it would stop but it had no effect.

This is happening for about 2 weeks now. I thought it would go away but not a chance.

Any idea what is causing this?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community