cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grumpyjane
Former Member
Message 211 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

I'm ready to give up. I'm been getting the same McAfee Service Host Problem for the last few days, ever since I upgraded it. It crashes every browser I use; Chrome, Firefox... I run the Virtual Technician (6Xs last 2 hrs) and it fixes the problem for a few minutes and it crashes again. I am very disappointed to see that this problem has been going on for months. I'm ready to uninstall it completely and use the Microsoft Essentials.

I get the McAfee from my ATT service for my Dell XP. I'll give it one more day..... I can reinstall after they fix it.

Peacekeeper
Message 212 of 365

Maybe best way if support no help. There is a fix soon that they say will help. Is this only happening after the 28/4 update or did you update on AT&T to the 2011 version recently?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/05/12 7:01:23 PM
chappers
Former Member
Message 213 of 365

I am completely astonished that this still hasn't been resolved. Just how many customers does this issue have to upset before it gets escalated?

With regard to the 28/04/12 update, how do we get this? My BT Net Protect Plus "About" screen says the following last updates:

McAfee Security Center 30/01/12

McAfee Virus Scan 02/05/12

McAfee Personal Firewall 25/11/11

McAfee Site Advisor 13/04/12

McAfee Parental Controls 22/12/11

I have had the error message, crashing my browser (Chrome) 4 times this morning already.

SORT IT OUT MCAFEE!

RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 214 of 365

I now echo a previous post. I also now lose my Internet connection after the dreaded 'McAfee Service Host-Error Report.' My user-name's and passwords are also deleted. Microsoft Essentials it is then. I've had enough.

rpsf
Contributor
Message 215 of 365

I have experienced this problem for several weeks. Firefox 12 is installed along with Internet Security 11.0

mcafee crash.jpg

Firefox is set to notify me of updates and I choose when to install. The last 3 days I had my internet access blocked following the Mcafee failure and I found that I had to turn off the firewall to regain access. Rebooting cleared it also but the cycle just repeats.

This morning I tried the Mcafee Virtual Technician. A sad joke. It reported being unable to find any Mcafee product. Such as the one visible on the screen right next to it.

mcafee virtual tech.jpgAmusing joke no?

I guess I will take this to Facebook and let everyone know the ineptitude of this supposed security product.

on 5/2/12 2:07:40 PM CDT
RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 216 of 365

Well, as I stated earlier I have now uninstalled McAfee and installed Microsoft Essentials instead even though I have one month of subscription still to go with McAfee. Could this ongoing issue be the eventuall decline and fall of McAfee ?

Peacekeeper
Message 217 of 365

rpst what affid are you showing in teh about option?

RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 218 of 365

What does 'rpst' mean ? What does 'affid' mean ? What does 'teh' mean ? Type properly.

Peacekeeper
Message 219 of 365

Well rpft was your name sorry typed that wrong

Teh is my brian I always error typing the sorry again

affid is as I asked in the about link top right security centre

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/05/12 1:48:29 PM
jimbod
Former Member
Message 220 of 365

I am new so hopefully this post is correct!

I too am having the 'mcafee host has encountered a problem and needs to close' issue.

Initially the error just showed, I clicked to get rid of it and pc carried on and  worked the same.

However I now find like others, that I am unable to connect to the internet after the warning message.

I also find that just recently Firefox crashes frequently.Not sure if the 2 are connected, although its odd that Firefox has begun crashing at the same time that I get the mcafee host warning and being unable to connect to the internet thereafter. When I say at the same time, I do not mean at the literal same time.I mean since finding that after the mcafee host warning and then not being able to connect to the net is occurring ,Firefox crashes from time to time throughout the day. (same timescale not literally at the same time)

Am going to try disabling SA as suggested.

On a final note, to get my system 'working' again, I use CC cleaner to do a clean, clear all cookies etc etc, and the PC works. Saves re-booting.

Cheers to all.

ps the problem persists.

Message was edited by: jimbod on 5/4/12 8:01:52 AM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community