Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maneld
Former Member
Message 161 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

Hi

ws65711 wrotte:

"Yes, I uninstalled SiteAdvisor from Control Panel "Add or Remove Programs".   SiteAdvisor can be uninstalled seperately from McAfee AntiVirus.  I haven't had any more error messages since I've uninstalled SiteAdvisor."

and Peacekeeper wrotte

"

As I mentioned many times this issue can be caused by several issues

1 Netguard a component of the firewall, disabling it helps

2. Netguard and siteadvisor have common ways they work so removing SA might do the same as disabling netguard

3. then there is another issue that neither of above help. I feel this is the majority of posters here. Mcafee feels they know how to fix this but with QA testing  it may be a while"

In my case SiteAdvisor was not as a separate SW, I do not understand why? so I can not uninsall from "Add or Remove Programs"-

I had SIteAdvisor as exttension, either in Explorer and Chrome; I disabled in both, although I mainly use Chrome.

Thanks guys for your advices, I will check if this action improve the behavoir of Mcafee host.

By the way, any idea about why SiteAdvisor is installed as a program or as complement?

siteadvisor2.jpg

ws65711
Former Member
Message 162 of 365

Maneld -

I guess I wasn't totally clear, because I was going from memory alone.   This picture should help.

Open the Windows XP  Control Panel,  then choose "Add or Remove Programs".

Then scroll down to "McAfee AntiVirus Plus" and press the "Change/Remove" button.

When the next dialog pops up, under "Remove McAfee Software", choose "SiteAdvisor".

Note that mine is already uninstalled, so not visible in the picture .

Hope this helps . . .

Uninstall_SiteAdvisor.jpg

Message was edited by: ws65711 on 4/4/12 8:50:01 AM CDT

Message was edited by: ws65711 on 4/4/12 8:51:41 AM CDT
RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 163 of 365

Yep, I've already did that (uninstalled SiteAdvisor) here's hoping it solves the problem I posted many weeks ago.

maneld
Former Member
Message 164 of 365

Many Thanks ws65711 !! 

SiteAdvisor unistalled.

Done,  following your instructions

As RoberttheBruce wrotte, here's hopping it solves the problem !!

At least we are 3 people doing the same action; hope it is useful for McAfee; don't ypu think so ?

By the way, here from Spain, although i do not think that language or location was the source of this error.

regards

ManelD

ws65711
Former Member
Message 165 of 365

I have not had the error message occur since I uninstalled SiteAdvisor on March 27th (7 days ago).   Previously the error would pop up one or more times per day, sometimes up to 9 or 10 times.  Most of the time I would just acknowledge the message and everything continued as if nothing had happened.  But sometimes Internet Explorer would freeze up and all internet access would cease until after a reboot.  This even after forcing Internet Explorer to close, and then restarting it.

There are at least four of us now that have uninstalled SiteAdvisor to solve the problem, WS65711 (me), Maneld (you), RoberttheBruce, and jlcavor.  It was jlcavor's post from February 17th that prompted me to try the uninstall.  McAfee should learn from this . . .

on 4/5/12 7:36:51 AM CDT
maneld
Former Member
Message 166 of 365

Hi, then 4 people working without SiteAdvisor !

Using Chrome i did not have any crash, and I did not need to reboot any time, only the ugly feeling wondering why in my PC ? My son's PC does not have this problem.

From this morning, after uninstall SiteAdvisor , surfing Internet without error popup, it is early to confirm....but  I trust that it solves the problem.

If finally this is the solution.....MaAfee should answer why SiteAdvisor can not be used in all PC and configurations, don't they ?

Please, would any other suffering this error uninstall SiteAdvisor and share your experiece?

regards

RoberttheBruce
Former Member
Message 167 of 365

Too good to be true. Uninstalled SiteAdvisor. Still getting original Error Report message.

jlcavor
Former Member
Message 168 of 365

Sorry to hear this. As reported by others there appear to be multiple causes for this error. In my case there is no doubt it was SiteAdvisor. As mentioned above, all I did was uninstall the program and my system has been error free since mid-February.

Peacekeeper
Message 169 of 365

Yes my test XP box is running with SA and only got the error 1 time. that was whan I was installing adobe air. As I said their are several causes and the fix is they feel known so we now have to stir them to up the priority of it.

ws65711
Former Member
Message 170 of 365

Hopefully the SiteAdvisor uninstall will work for most people.   I have 9 or 10 McAfee licenses and installations.  Only 3 had SiteAdvisor installed and all of those had the error message pop up periodically.  I uninstalled SiteAdvisor from those 3 machines and the errors have disappeared.  All of my machines run Windows XP Pro SP-3.  None have tweakui or Aobe Air installed.  And NOW none have the SiteAdvisor virus installed . . . 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community