cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 121 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

Mine is a near pristine PC install and I cannot repro the issue. Repro'd the mchost alcohol 120% issue easily but this 1 evades mcafee and my testing.

With re look at the lists I was provided to see what else is on most installs.Tweakui is fine it seems

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/03/12 7:36:19 AM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/03/12 8:13:09 PM
Peacekeeper
Message 122 of 365

OK got a Mcafee service host error popup. What seems to have caused this is

1 installed tweakui and set autolon in 2 days no error

2. Installed adobe air and adobe air launcher. ran launcher had no idea what I was doing so stopped it and then opened explorer. error popped up.

3 Uninstalled tweakui and rebooted and cannot get error to repro. Maybe one needs to run an adobe air supported program first.

Is any1 having this issue which netguard disabling does not help and removing HP driver does not help not have adobe air installed?

goodguy2011
Former Member
Message 123 of 365

I had to rewrite my entire hard drive and reinstalled mcafee.  I noticed that things where ok for a day until i installed yahoo messenger.  Then the host error pop ups began showing up again.  I  am not sure if they are related but does anyone else have yahoo messenger that is having these issues?  I am curious to find out.  I still have not been able to fix this issue and am very disappointed with mcafee after doing a veriety of things to fix it including a complete reinstall and host of ther things.  I finally gave up and rewrote my hard drive since i didnt have much on their anyways but still the problems continue.

Peacekeeper
Message 124 of 365

What else have you installed? None of the 4 who posted their lists show yahoo messenger installed.

chappers
Former Member
Message 125 of 365

I use BT Yahoo for my webmail account and I think the Yahoo chat function sits in there somewhere, though I can't actually see it there at the moment. I also have the Yahoo icon showing at the bottom right hand side of my screen, but it's greyed out and I can't click on it, so it doesn't seem to be operational from there.

I submitted my program list, but I thought I had Yahoo Messenger! I have used it from within the BTInternet webmail page to chat to contacts online.

Peacekeeper
Message 126 of 365

Your list only showed yahoo browser noone's showed yahoo messenger. Still cannot repro the error I got yesterday.

maneld
Former Member
Message 127 of 365

Hi Peacekeeper,

I'm not complitely sure, but I think so. I have Adobe Air, I will disable Netguard and check if issue appears.

I'll inform you in cuple of days.

Regards

Peacekeeper
Message 128 of 365

Have you tweakui as well?

As a mcafee staffer klauzser mentioned here he has seen this occur due to badly fragmented disks so try a defrag of your disk and try a chkdsk /r on your C drive. You can see I am running out of ideas I still cannot repro that error I got 2 days ago.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 3/03/12 6:28:13 AM
maneld
Former Member
Message 129 of 365

hi

I installed tweakui after issue began, nowadays unintaled

monster265
Contributor
Message 130 of 365

This problem was introduced sometime around Jan 2012 for my case. I have been using McAfee Security center for over 4 years.

All the tweaks mention no help. The product needs to be fixed. The delay in correction only leads me to uninstall and replace with the Doctor.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community