cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 101 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

1 do you have alcohol 120% program installed

2. Try disabling Netguard a setting in the firewall.

These 1st 2 tests.

tanseras
Former Member
Message 102 of 365

Not to my knowledge! I never heard of the alcohol 120% program.

I found netguard in my McAfee Antivirus Plus navigation panel, and turned it off! Is it safe to keep it turned off?

Thanks for helping to fix the problem.

maneld
Former Member
Message 103 of 365

HI everybody !

Peacekeeper, here is my SW; I'm sitll suffering this McAfee Service Host Problem issue -

If I'm not wrong McSvHost relunch by itself after 60000 milliseconds after the error, but I'm lunching it manually with McSvHost.exe I put in my desk.

Please, try with this sport newspapers pages

www.sport.es

www.elmundodeportivo.es

www.marca.com

www.as.com

and let me know if with your PC's you have the same booring issue that I have.

I having, mainly the error with this kind of pages, no problems with other pages of my intersest

My SW, best regards

Diapositiva1.JPG

Diapositiva2.JPG

Diapositiva3.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 104 of 365

1 It seems only to happen on XP. My XP test box it does not happen on except when I installed alcohol 120%. that issue now fixed with a fAQ coming out vto show how to work around it.

2. Running without netguard does the issue still happen. You can not use it Siteadvisor does similiar things and maybe why the issue happens. Try also uninstalling Siteadvisor and see if reinstalling gets you a newer version. that might help.

3. For those who none of the above helps well maneld that list of SW helps if only more would send their lists (This only addressed to those who cannot get a fix/workaround) This way I can see what programs are in common to the users.

Maneld remove Mcafee security scan plus that is extra to Total protection and should not be on there.It is a free scanner added by some adobe installs.

Peacekeeper
Message 105 of 365

Ok 3 things i noticed as common to all 3 you. ( 2 others posted their programs in this thread https://community.mcafee.com/message/229872#229872)

1. All have MS office various versions not an issue I feel

2. All have adobe air maybe worth a check by me tomorrow

3. All have tweak ui will check this

Have you all checked your folders and files and shortcuts for any files and folders with a ? in them?

Will test 2 and 3 tomorrow.

maneld
Former Member
Message 106 of 365

hi Pacekeeper,

I've installed tweak ui two months later that the McSvHost appeared; so I think is not the guilty

Adobe Air is used by my Picturetown by Nikkon to upload pictures to a server, in my case

bye

chappers
Former Member
Message 107 of 365

Hi Peacekeeper

I am still having this problem with the host, but wasn't clear what information you needed to help you identify the issue. I have a screen dump of my "All Programs" list, but can't seem to paste it here, or upload it (I have it in Word and PDF formats). Do you have an email address I can forward it to?

Peacekeeper
Message 108 of 365

Check your PMs

knsingh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 109 of 365

Hi

For those who have McAfee Service Host Issue

Can you try performing Check disk and Disk Defragmentaion.

Following Links will help you in how to perform Check disk and Disk Defragmentation .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848

Try these and Reply ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Krishna Nandan Singh

Peacekeeper
Message 110 of 365

Krishna

The issue is XP only so how can this be defrag issue or bad sectors? Noone with vista or win 7 has reported the issue.

I reproduced it with alcohol 120% software so very probable another software is causing the issue for the remaining people.That or netguard is the cause in my opinion.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community