cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 61 of 365

Re: McAfee Service Host Problem

OK thanks as mentioned to the techs we seem to have 2 issues here. Hopeful they will sort this out soon. I am not seeing it on any of my Pcs.

chappers
Former Member
Message 62 of 365

I have been reading these responses with interest. My problem persists, and I have security centre 11 and virus scan 15.

As per the comments above, I am not keen on deactivating ANY part of my AV software and have to say that I am also getting to the point of frustration that this has been going on for so long unresolved. This is simply not acceptable, and I would respectfully request that this matter is escalated immediately.

afcafm
Former Member
Message 63 of 365

I believe I have 14 days, following taking out a subscription, to change my mind. I subscribed on 30 December. At this point in time, cancelling my subscription looks like the best option.

ikeika
Former Member
Message 64 of 365

Mines security center 11

virus scan 15

pacoamh
Contributor
Message 65 of 365

I see McAfee still does not have a solution. We'll have to go looking for alternatives when the current subscription expires.

afcafm
Former Member
Message 66 of 365

There seem to be several other threads discussing this error on this site. This has been going on for months. Obviously McAfee has a problem they are finding difficult to fix. As I'm in a period where I can cancel my subscription, thats what I'm going to do. I've had McAfee for years and always had good service - until now. But I can't carry on when nothing seems to be happening and there isn't any light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck everyone. I hope they get it sorted soon for your sakes.

pacoamh
Contributor
Message 67 of 365

The problem is growing. I have about 100 customers with McAfee, last week the problem was 3, and now I have 7 PC errors.
All PC:
Security Center: 11
Virus Scan: 15
McAfee Firewall: Off

I fear the problem will be growing and the only solution I have is to uninstall McAfee.

answer7
Former Member
Message 68 of 365

Ok folks, help me out here.

Has Mcafee caused ANOTHER problem here???

Turning off Netguard resolved the original problem here ( Not really solved ).

Yesterday 01/13, once again, another annoying update came in and required a restart. Since last night I am getting periodic pop up boxes

that disappear rather quickly so its hard to get a full description.

It's a small black box with the words like C:/ PROGRA........ siteaid.. Mcafee ...

I KNOW THIS IS ANOTHER MCAFEE SCREW UP from the latest update

I know this is another issue and may belong on another topic thread but to me it is related to the original problem here.

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS NEW PROBLEM FROM THE LATEST UPDATE ?

I GETTING TIRED OF CONSTANT PROBLEMS FROM SOFTWARE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT ME BUT CAUSES NOTHING BUT HEADACHES

Message was edited by: answer7 on 1/14/12 10:53:41 AM CST
ikeika
Former Member
Message 69 of 365

I'm getting two more.  One's about syncronization and the other has to do Internet Explorer.  When I change pages on the web they show up.

Peacekeeper
Message 70 of 365

As these different issue post them in their own thread please.

Place a link here so I can follow .

Also include actual message and how to reproduce and versions of mcafee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community