cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghwvas20
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Security Center Help? Blocked Site?

Using V. 11.0, I am having a problem accessing my school's website.  I have gone into program permissions and allowed Google Chrome (my browser) full access and have tried to get onto the site through all other browsers.  Chrome thinks after having dianosed the problem, that  it is the firewall.  Any suggestions?

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Security Center Help? Blocked Site?

Any popups to indicate that it's McAfee that's doing it?  The browser restrictions would be from SiteAdvisor and that would depend also on it's settings.  You could try seeing if Firewall's Netguard is to blame although I doubt it...double-click the taskbar icon (or right-click > select) to open SecurityCenter.

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click the Netguard 'drawer' to expand to see if the IP is showing there.

Try temporarily disabling Netguard to see if that helps.

If Parental Controls are installed it might be that causing this in which case the person with Administrative capabilites would have to make an exception for it.     If that's the case it's anyone's guess why the website is restricted.

Probably your best approach would be to contact Technical Support on this as it's free by phone or online chat, linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

keiooz
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Can I also make a list of sites I want to be blocked on certain levels? Is it possible?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

keiooz wrote:

Can I also make a list of sites I want to be blocked on certain levels? Is it possible?

I think it would be best to ask a new question in a new discussion of your own keiooz - as the question here was a bit vague I have no idea yet what part of SecurityCenter the OP is talking about.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community