cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaBa
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Safe Browsing vs. McAfee Secure VPN

I use McAfee LiveSafe Plus on my iPhone, which provides VPN protection. In iPhone settings, I can choose either McAfee Safe Browsing or McAfee Secure VPN as protection. Both selections light up the VPN icon in the top bar of the iPhone, which does not specify which of the above is selected. The choice may change over time, so VPN protection can be either.

What is the difference between McAfee Safe Browsing and McAfee Secure VPN?

3 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Safe Browsing vs. McAfee Secure VPN

Hi @RaBa,

Greetings from McAfee.

Safe browsing helps to identify and block malicious websites while you browse on the internet. To enable safe browsing, you have to give permission to enable the VPN. VPN helps to encrypt the network traffic and maximize your privacy.

For more information on Safe browsing click on the below link to access the knowledge article.

Safe Browsing

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

RaBa
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Thank you for the info. I read the article, but it is only about the Safe Browsing. My basic question is that what is the difference between McAfee Safe Browsing and McAfee Secure VPN. Either can be chosen in iPhone.

PamBo
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hey Mod - this may be an add to OP question or clarification of his.  I can select either “safe browsing” or “secure VPN” on my iPhone as well.  Secure VPN appears to be a traditional VPN which as you stated will provide encryption and a secure network line.  Why isn’t “Safe Browsing” which will detect malicious or unsecured websites automatically built into the Secure VPN?  Having to choose one or the other appears as if your products aren’t working in unison.  Shouldn’t I be able to select the secure VPN and maintain the benefits all services?  Hope my question is similar and you can provide insight to both.  Thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community