cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 16

Re: McAfee Remover frozen

Jump to solution

Sounds as if you might need mod help. They can if needed manually remove all bits of McAfee . Annoying but this locking up not common from my many uninstalls. 

Call support and if necessary request an escalation oif tier 1 support unable to help.

I assume mcpr new download not old one?

sivasubramanian
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

@Archiemendis 

Try the below steps to remove McAfee

• Run MCPR
  • Check if it stops at MFP
  • Open Task Manager
  • Check for “Sediag.exe” process
  • Right click Sediag.exe and End task
  • MCPR will continue to remove McAfee
  • Reboot and continue

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
mdsmike
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

THIS SOLUTION LISTED BELOW WORKED FOR ME!!!

The McAfee CleanUp tool (32bit) process was running in background processes area of task manager processes tab so I ended that task and immediately the removal continued and completed with removal complete screen appearing and restart button on that screen.

After restart PC, McAfee Live Safe was still in Programs and Features.  ran McAfee Live Safe again. Still hangs up.  Looked for the McAfee CleanUp tool (32bit) process was running in background processes area of task manager processes tab so I ended that task and immediately the removal continued and completed with removal complete screen appearing and restart button on that screen.  Going to install version 1909 windows 10 upgrade from Windows Updates area and see if it fixes this issue and allows me to remove McAfee from this PC.

Restarted in safe mode with networking.  permissions errors when running McAfee removal tool.  Also McAfee Live Safe still in Programs And Features.

Restarted in Normal mode and ran McAfee Removal Tool and it now makes it to Removing product MSC state about 75% before hanging for about 2 to 3 minutes and then finishes requesting restart of PC.  

McAfee is FINALLY REMOVED FROM THE PC AND DOESN'T SHOW UP IN PROGRAMS AND FEATURES!

Most of the time solutions can be found online.  This is the first time I have shared a solution that I couldn't find online.  Not something McAfee wants to hear but I am not impressed with the software let alone the trouble the software just gave me on a completely new PC when I try to remove from programs and features.  Then I restarted as it would not fully remove from Programs and Features.  After restart program was still in Programs and Features.  So I downloaded the McAfee removal tool.  This is when the hang up occurred.  Tried one restart and ran the removal tool again before searching online for a solution.

Windows 10 Home Vers 1903 64 bit HP Omen by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0127c PC from Costco HP Prdouct Numer 4NN77AA#ABA system BIOS F.23 system board 84FD 00  Dedicated PCIE Nvidia GeForce GTX1660, Hynex 250 GB NVME SSD, Realtek HD audio, Intel I5-9400F CPU @ 2.9GHz , 16GB Kingston 2.6Ghz memory

JWingzz
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

Thanks Mike,

After trying and searching for several hours with no solution i stumbled across your post and it worked as you described.

Such a painful and frustrating process but got there in the end.

Thanks for sharing

Craddman
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

Apparently this isn't as rare as they would like you to believe looking at these posts. Personally it would almost seem like this is intentional to keep their product installed on said computer. I will attempt all solutions stated in this thread but that is rather ludicrous since the uninstall provided with the program should work without having to jump through so many hoops. Turns me away from any McAfee product.  

Wong856
Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution
  1. Check and delete McAfee folders from C:/program files C:/program files (x86) C: /Program data & common files and anywhere else you see them.
  2. Run the removal tool again and restart the computer , the removal should go on fine.
  3. Please report back if you have any problems on the same.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community