cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
velu2212
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Plus activation?

I recently Installed McAfee Antivirus Plus Version 11.0 on one of our System used in Control System Networks. Upon Installation completion, McAfee is asking for the validation thro Internet. Unfortunately these systems are not connected with Internets and supposed not to connect since used in Control Systems. I have the necessary Product key. Is there any way to do remote activation? Any one could help me on this issue?

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Plus activation?

As far as I know internet is required it is shown as needed in the specs. No way to connect the PC for a few minutes? Once activated  how do you intend updating the dats and program patches?

the dats can be manually done but patches you might need to ask for a cd.

Dat update via

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx

You could ask Customer support see

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

If you find a way please post back.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Tony mentioned the factor that they require an Internet connection for updates, which occur at least daily but are checked for by the software every 4 hours so within hours you will be experiencing errors and if you leave updates turned off it will throw up errors within a day or so.  The 2012 version of the software, which you will eventually update to (now in beta testing) can't be updated manually at the moment anyway which adds another problem to the equation.

What you need is some standalone type of protection that doesn't update - what I am not quite sure as I don't believe such an entity exists.    Perhaps asking for advice on independent PC security forums might help with that.

McAfee has a 30-day money back guarantee if needed.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/02/12 7:07:54 EST AM
flogger
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

This is a standard today for activation I guess as a protection against piracy. Your option is to have it hooked up to the internet, once activated, you could revert the settings back to the original.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community