cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_75930
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Needs this

Every once and a while I would notice that a program would disapear and then I would just think of it as I fogot to reinstall it when I got Windows 7 Ultimate installed, but then I noticed that another program that I used probably a week before was missing, so I downloaded the exe and reinstalled

then after trying to find another program, I noticed that many other programs were also missing, and I though "thats weird, I just used it yesterday"

so then I download something and then McAfee tells me its a trojan (which isn't true), so I try to find where I can make it so it won't remove it and then I stumble on a log on all the files it removed, and there everything was.

I tried to make it so it would bring them back but it never did, it just brought back the folder

but it isn't right that McAfee deletes my files for no reason and then doesn't even tell me it did anything

there is nothing wrong with them, they have no viruses or trojans or anything

They need to make it so when it detects anything wrong it gives the USER the option to either make it trusted so it won't be deleted or to just remove it

I PAID for McAfee, I didn't get it for free and those were MY programs, not theirs, they have no right to remove something that is MINE and is on MY computer

I shouldn't have to send my file to McAfee just for it to become trusted, I should decide that

2 Replies
dtaylor3985
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Needs this

Dude, are you sure about this.  I have never had this sort of thing happen before.  Then again, I run on Ubuntu Linux and not Windows so the way McAfree works with Ubuntu might be diffent.

Arkamond
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Needs this

What softwares were removed? What system environment are you running? What Brand is your computer? When did you get the computer? Are all your updates installed? Did you have a trogan or virus before the installation of Mcafee? Do you have other security programs on your computer?

Have you had any other security or programs that deal with crucial files in the past?

All of these questions above are crucial we cannot answer you until you state some or all of these. Thank you!   I havnt heard of this problem either except for Kapersky sometimes doing it. Some antiviruses will work on YOUR computer and might not work on others... it all depends on how your computer is set up and how organized it is. McAfee is an awsome program it came with my computer for free and i thought it wouldnt work.... then it worked lol I used to use avast because it was free but Mcafee the way to go man.... 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community