Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evian55
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

McAfee Internet security 2016 wakes my computer from sleep

Hello all.

Mc Afee is waking my computer from sleep and I don't know how to stop it? I will add a picture so you guys can see what results came back when I typed "powercfg -requests" into command prompt....

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee Internet security 2016 wakes my computer from sleep

Moved this to General Discussions as the best spot.

McAMTaskAgent is genuine.

There is nothing that would wake a computer by default.  However, if this is Windows 10 and Hybrid Sleep aka Fast Boot is enabled, then your machine never actually shuts down, it just sleeps, so it's possible any scheduled task might waken it.

Have you checked Windows Task Scheduler, at left under Task Scheduler Library > McAfee to see if there are tasks set there?  If so they could be disabled if you prefer.

The only things I can think of that would be automatically on by default are: Updates (under McAfee Updates) which should remain on, antivirus scan (under  Virus and Spyware Detection) and Vulnerability Scanner (under PC and Home Network Tools).

Check there also to adjust those settings to whatever you prefer.

If this doesn't uncover whatever this is I recommend Technical Support, it's free by phone and if at first they can't solve a problem, you can ask them to escalate it to a higher level.

Contact Support

evian55
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Just checked all those settings and they are all ok. I will contact technical support and see how it goes.

Thanks for your reply.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

OK, sorry it didn't help.  Good luck 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community