cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buster02
Contributor II
Message 1 of 48

McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

When I right click an email in my Inbox it causes Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 to crash since a recent McAfee update. Outlook then suggests I remove the McAfee add-on (I haven't).

Is this a known problem and is it being addressed?

Tags (1)
47 Replies
buster02
Contributor II
Message 2 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

@buster02 wrote:

When I right click an email in my Inbox it causes Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 to crash since a recent McAfee update. Outlook then suggests I remove the McAfee add-on (I haven't).

Is this a known problem and is it being addressed?

@catdaddy are you aware of this or able to help? (You've been very helpful on past queries so I hope you don't mind me asking)

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 48

Re: McAfee Internet Security add-on causes Outlook 2010 to crash on right click (started Aug 2018)

Hi @buster02

We are aware of this problem and currently investigating it. I will post here if I need any information from you or the problem has been resolved.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 4 of 48

Hi @selvan ..... any news on a solution yet?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 48

Hi @buster02

We tested the fix for this right-click crash last week and was successful. We now only have to include the fix in an upcoming release. Myself or my colleagues will post the Release Name as soon as we receive the info.

jbinkley60
Contributor
Message 6 of 48

I have been seeing the same thing on Windows 10 with Outlook 2010. You can disable the McAfee addin temporaily to restore the right click functionality but it will be nice to see this fixed soon.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 7 of 48

@selvan wrote:

Hi @buster02

We tested the fix for this right-click crash last week and was successful. We now only have to include the fix in an upcoming release. Myself or my colleagues will post the Release Name as soon as we receive the info.

Hi, is there any indication of how long we might have to wait for the fix to be released?

DreamsComeTrue
Contributor III
Message 8 of 48

Hi,

So, since this was tested about 3 weeks ago, how much longer are we going to have to wait for the fix to be released?  It's kinda slow for a "security" company to take so long since it leaves Outlook vulnerable to attack.

buster02
Contributor II
Message 9 of 48

Hi @selvan ,

Is there still no news on when the fix will be released? It is really annoying as I habitually crash my Outlook. I've paid for my McAfee product, a bug was introduced, a solution has been found and  tested.....but I still don't have it! Its been quite a few weeks now

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 48

Hi @buster02

If you are on McAfee Security version 16.0.15 you shouldn't be seeing this crash when right clicking an email

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community