cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bewin
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

McAfee Internet Security 2011 - 3 User License

There are 3 computers in the house all with Microsoft Windows and other software licensed separately to each household member.

How do I install the McAfee 3 user licenses: -

(1) Do I use my email address details on all 3 computers
(2) Does each user install it using their personal email address details for their own computers

Please advise the correct procedure

9 Replies
catman
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: McAfee Internet Security 2011 - 3 User License

You use your email address on all 3 computers, it's your account. Mcafee gets all the info when you install the programs.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

This document from McAfee will assist you in installing your software. Please be sure to use the same email address you have registered with McAfee to allow installation of the software on all three of your computers.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100119

Good Luck

bewin
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for your reply catman,

Is the following correct: -

(1) Install to my own computer, register and create a McAfee account with my own email details

(2) Install to 2 other computers using my own email details to use the 2 remaining licenses

Question - What do you mean by McAfee gets all the info when I install the programs .... surely the only info is my email address or do I have to enter the other 2 users details in addition to my own?

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

The software is licensed to you since this is your account. When you install on the other computer and login to McAfee using your credentials it will install the software on that computer using 1 of the remaining licenses that are still available to you. If you install onto 2 computers you will have 1 remaining license left as I beleive you said your subscription reflects a total of three licenses.

bewin
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Hi k3tg,

I've never used McAfee before but understand that: -

(1) After I've installed the software by using the McAfee CD, I need to register the software by logging in to McAfee and create an account using my own email address credentials.

(2) Are you saying that after installing the software using the McAfee CD to the 2 remaining computers I also need to login to my account in order for McAfee to recognise my credentials and authenticate these 2 computers.

(3) Will the outcome be 3 computers using McAfee software registered to me but all independant to each other with their own registered versions of Microsoft Windows etc?.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

hi bewin,

Let me get this straigthened out for you,

All you have to do is ; login to your McAfee account from here : http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp

You will prompted to  enter your credentials : Probably the same email address that you used to register in our boards here.

After you login; please follow the steps here listed here :http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100342  which will help you complete the installation.

Follow the same steps; in all three computers and your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

bewin
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Hi Dinz,

This is the first time I'll be using McAfee and therefore I don't have an existing account.

I've already purchased McAfee Internet Security 3 User on CD - not a digital download - so the first few steps in service document TS100342 don't apply.

But I assume the installation procedure using a McAfee CD product is the same as described in TS100342 from step 13 after the software would've been downloaded - if I had an existing account?

(1) Place McAfee CD in computer drive

(2) Install McAfee Internet Security to computer

(3) Create an account and register product using my credentials

(4) Repeat (1) and (2) for 2 remaining computers

(5) Logon to my McAfee account from each computer using my credentials

(6) Register the 2 computers using the 2 available licenses

Dinz
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Hey bewin,

The steps 1-6 you have mentioned is correct for the 1st computer ?

For 2nd & 3rd , since you have already installed and registered it on the 1st PC,   all you have to do is follow the Doc id 100342 and reinstall it from your account page  for the rest of the computers

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

bewin
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Hi Dinz,

Thanks for your advice .... but I'm a little confused.

Surely I'd have to install McAfee to the 2nd & 3rd computer using the CD the same and the as used for the 1st computer as there's nothing to download from my account?

Please clarify what you mean by - 'reinstall it from your account page for the rest of the computers'

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community