There are 3 computers in the house all with Microsoft Windows and other software licensed separately to each household member.
How do I install the McAfee 3 user licenses: -
(1) Do I use my email address details on all 3 computers
(2) Does each user install it using their personal email address details for their own computers
Please advise the correct procedure
This document from McAfee will assist you in installing your software. Please be sure to use the same email address you have registered with McAfee to allow installation of the software on all three of your computers.
Thanks for your reply catman,
Is the following correct: -
(1) Install to my own computer, register and create a McAfee account with my own email details
(2) Install to 2 other computers using my own email details to use the 2 remaining licenses
Question - What do you mean by McAfee gets all the info when I install the programs .... surely the only info is my email address or do I have to enter the other 2 users details in addition to my own?
The software is licensed to you since this is your account. When you install on the other computer and login to McAfee using your credentials it will install the software on that computer using 1 of the remaining licenses that are still available to you. If you install onto 2 computers you will have 1 remaining license left as I beleive you said your subscription reflects a total of three licenses.
I've never used McAfee before but understand that: -
(1) After I've installed the software by using the McAfee CD, I need to register the software by logging in to McAfee and create an account using my own email address credentials.
(2) Are you saying that after installing the software using the McAfee CD to the 2 remaining computers I also need to login to my account in order for McAfee to recognise my credentials and authenticate these 2 computers.
(3) Will the outcome be 3 computers using McAfee software registered to me but all independant to each other with their own registered versions of Microsoft Windows etc?.
Let me get this straigthened out for you,
All you have to do is ; login to your McAfee account from here : http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp
You will prompted to enter your credentials : Probably the same email address that you used to register in our boards here.
After you login; please follow the steps here listed here :http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100342 which will help you complete the installation.
Follow the same steps; in all three computers and your issue is resolved.
McAfee Online Community Moderator
This is the first time I'll be using McAfee and therefore I don't have an existing account.
I've already purchased McAfee Internet Security 3 User on CD - not a digital download - so the first few steps in service document TS100342 don't apply.
But I assume the installation procedure using a McAfee CD product is the same as described in TS100342 from step 13 after the software would've been downloaded - if I had an existing account?
(1) Place McAfee CD in computer drive
(2) Install McAfee Internet Security to computer
(3) Create an account and register product using my credentials
(4) Repeat (1) and (2) for 2 remaining computers
(5) Logon to my McAfee account from each computer using my credentials
(6) Register the 2 computers using the 2 available licenses
The steps 1-6 you have mentioned is correct for the 1st computer ?
For 2nd & 3rd , since you have already installed and registered it on the 1st PC, all you have to do is follow the Doc id 100342 and reinstall it from your account page for the rest of the computers
McAfee Online Community Moderator
Thanks for your advice .... but I'm a little confused.
Surely I'd have to install McAfee to the 2nd & 3rd computer using the CD the same and the as used for the 1st computer as there's nothing to download from my account?
Please clarify what you mean by - 'reinstall it from your account page for the rest of the computers'
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: