cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rueju
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Downloader

So, we had Mcafee setup on the computer down here, and we had to renew. The person whi set it up in the first palce had many troubles trying to recover his pass word, so we had to make an entirely new accout. We have purchased the software on the computer, but it won't let us start the setup. I have tried going to the download documents on my computer there, and have tried to run it a number of times.                                                             Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

1 Reply
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Downloader

Before you purchased the McAfee software was there any other antivirus software installed? If so, did you uninstall this first before installing the McAfee software? On what version of windows are you trying to install and do you know if you have "administrator rights"?

exactly what do you mean with: "I have tried going to the download documents on my computer there, and have tried to run it a number of times."? Which documents do you mean and what did you do to "run it a number of times"?

What you could do is try to uninstall the McAfee software and reinstall it. There is an uninstall tool for it in this document: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products .... It will also uninstall any previous version of installed McAfee software. Then go to your inline account and download/run it again.

However, before you do this you might want to check if your Windows version is up-to-date with the latest patches at: Microsoft Update. Choose the "Custom" buton and install also the "optional" software in case you have windows XP. For Windows 7  press the Windows button, All Programs and choose Windows Update.

When that is done download/install the McAfee software again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community