cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henryluedtke
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

McAfee Customer Support Ignoring Emails!

Jump to solution

I am paying for a McAfee subscription but have been having trouble with its installation for months now.

Over those months, I have been contacting customer support to receive assistance but all my 

NEARLY 10 emails have been completely ignored!

All I receive is the automated no-reply email confirmation but no actual support.

So not only am I paying for a service that is not being provided but the support team is ignoring my attempts to fix this problem.

How do I receive support from McAfee?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

Re: McAfee Customer Support Ignoring Emails!

Jump to solution

Hi @henryluedtke 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please follow the McAfee article "How to troubleshoot McAfee Installation issues"  to install the McAfee product and let us know the status along with the error message and screen shots.

Also we have sent an email regarding the McAfee installation issue you are facing in your computer and waiting for your response.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

We apologies for the inconvenience caused, I have sent you a private message. Please respond back with requested information in-order to help and serve you better.

henryluedtke
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Available 1500 CET 13/02/2020 as expressed in my private message.

I have been paying for 3 months of service and have received nothing during that time because your team has never responded to my repeated requests for help. 

This is very inappropriate. 

-Henry

henryluedtke
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

bump

still nothing. 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

hello,

have you tried in the meantime as an alternative to contact support by phone or chat and discuss the problem you experience over there ?

you can reach them during working days at office hours at;

https://service.mcafee.com

in the middle of this page there is a button you can contact live support

hope this helps ?

henryluedtke
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you cyberdude,

it is a great suggestion. McAfee clearly wants phone calls over email. 

However, I no longer have my own phone and obviously cannot use my office phone for personal matters. 

I just do not know what to do other than seeking a refund if I cannot get the product installed. 

Do you know if this service is more geared towards businesses and organizations and that is why I am not getting any help? 

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Ok will ping a mod or two who can then contact you

@Former Member 

@Karthik_K 

Can 1 of you help this user as he has no phone access

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

hello henry,

thank you for your answer.

thanks Peacekeeper for pinging mods for help.

very strange that you don't get any reactions on your sent emails. if you have contact maybe they can investigate.

in the meantime awaiting reactions from the mods;

i can't speak for the business part  of McAfee. i am just a normal consumer client and have contacted local support myself sometimes and that was a good experience.

is contact by chat perhaps a alternative ?

if you visit; https://service.mcafee.com

and in the middle there is on the right side a option button that states contact support.

this will open a new webpage.

when chat is open it will apear on that page as an optiion and time and day when to contact.

this community has also a  non-english section. (german,dansk.swedish ect.) is there a local language section where you could also post your question maybe ?

i hope this helps awaing reactions from the community mods in the meantime......

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

hello,

i would like to bring up another suggestion;

maybe we can offer here some help with your current problem ?

questions are what is not working at the moment;

is it that the installer does not start or does it start but hangs underway during installation ?

was there another antivirus program on the computer and has this removed  before installing mcafee ?

maybe you could discribe the problem here ?

we are glad to help you in anyway we can

greetings

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @henryluedtke 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please follow the McAfee article "How to troubleshoot McAfee Installation issues"  to install the McAfee product and let us know the status along with the error message and screen shots.

Also we have sent an email regarding the McAfee installation issue you are facing in your computer and waiting for your response.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community