cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparhwak
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 will not activate

Hey, I just bought my McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 but after I put the CD into the computer, it takes forever to load and gives me no response at all. What should I do?

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 will not activate

Do other CD's open or play normally on your machine?

What operating system and service pack is this and is it totally up to date with Windows Update?

Do you have any other security software installed, if so have you removed it and used whatever removal toold they may offer?

Also are you logged in as an Adminstrator-level user?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/01/13 1:10:23 EST PM
sparhwak
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

THX, I think i got it, i have to turn off window defender in order to install McAfee.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

The installer should turn it off automatically anyway.  If it doesn't mwork can you answer the other questions I asked?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community