Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

McAfee AntiSpam Has Failed To Download The Latest Filtering Content

Hey!

So, I haven't been able to verify the settings or otherwise access the AntiSpam feature of McAfee Security Center 2011 for almost a week.

When I checked History and Logs I found the Content Update log contained a message from 10 April 2011 (2057 hrs): "McAfee Anti-Spam has failed to download the latest filtering content".

I don't believe the two items are mutually exclusive.

So, how do I fix these problems?!

6 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee AntiSpam Has Failed To Download The Latest Filtering Content

Hi,

Try doing a manual update by the below shown method, restart the computer and check the status.

2.JPG

1.JPG

4.JPG

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 on your computer?  I have attached a screenshot and I think this is your issue with McAfee, right? Please open McAfee >> Navigation >> About and let me know the DAT Version.

Anti-Spam.JPG

Oops..... Jaiprakash' reply was not there while I replying 😛 on 18/4/11 2:36:17 PM IST
Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 4 of 7

Jai,

I ran a manual update, none were available.

Content was current.

The windows event viewer has an entry indicating the anti-spam application failed to initiate.

Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

At the moment I'm having a "Network Authentication" error with my laptop; so, I can't connect to the Internet.

I'm using another computer in my household to compose this reply. Doubt it's a coincidence this machine is using Windows XP NOT Windows 7! {And, it has not problem with the Anti-Spam initiation.}

Still, I don't see [in your screen image] where I'm to find the DAT version...?

Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 6 of 7

Jaya,

I do not use Internet Explorer, I use AOL.

IE 9 was installed; however, the latest batch of Microsoft Updates included some garbage for .NET Framework 4 and IE 9 which created an "authentication" issue for Time Warner Cable's hardware -- leaving me unable to connect securely to the Internet.

Anyway, even with IE9 gone, I still can't access the Anti-Spam settings and the event viewer is still indicating the feature won't initialize.

I ran McAfee updates an hour ago... still not able to access Anti-Spam settings and the event viewer is still indicating the feature won't initialize.

But, McAfee's Content log doesn't show any new loading error, just the one I mentioned [from 10 April]!

Wetmoref2
Contributor III
Message 7 of 7

Jai,

Your solution did not work either.

Updates were not available.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community